Kick for Compassion 2014
Saturday, June 21, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Crystal Lake, IL
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This is a kickball tournament to have some fun and raise money for the CL Food Pantry. It is being sponsored by Christian Fellowship Church of Crystal Lake and is open to anyone that meets the age requirements and entry fees.
YOU CAN ALSO BRING CANS OF FOOD TO DONATE AS WELL!
There will be 2 divisions of competition:
1. Family Fun Division
2. Tournament Division
FAMILY FUN DIVISION - 1 TICKET NEEDED PER PERSON
Entry Fee: $5
Teams will consist of at least 6 players with no more than 10 players.
- The age minimum is 6 years old and the max is 99!
- Each team will compete in one game.
- Prizes will be awarded to players on winning teams.
- All games will start on the hour and run 50 minutes.
TOURNAMENT DIVISION - 1 TICKET NEEDED PER PERSON
Entry Fee: $5
Teams will consist of at least 8 players with no more than 11 players.
- A minimum of 4 female players per team.
- The age minimum is 12 years old and the max is 99!
- We can accept only 8 teams for this single elimination tournament so register early!
- Teams will play a minimum of one game and a maximum of three. To win the Tournament Division a team will have to win 3 games in a row.
- The first and second place teams will win prizes.
- All games will run 5 innings.
BOTH DIVISIONS - Things You Really Need to Know
- Each team captain is responsible for distributing and collecting the waiver form for team players and turning them in with the roster at the check-in table at least 30 minutes before their first scheduled game on June 21, 2014.
- No player will be allowed on the field without a signed waiver. Participants under 18 will need a waiver with parent signature.
- No changes will be made to rosters after they are submitted.
- Each team captain is responsible for distributing kickball rules to team players and encouraging players to be familiar with the rules.
- Team placement in the brackets will be determined by the Kickball Coordinator.
- All communication between event staff and players will be made through team captains (or by sound system announcements on game day). Team players need to communicate through team captains.
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF KICKBALL
The World Adult Kickball Association is the preeminent adult kickball organization and the world governing body of kickball and they define Kickball as follows: Kickball is a simple game consisting of two teams, bases, and a big red ball. Played like baseball, the object is to score more runs than the opposing team. In short, games are played with 11 fielders, 5 innings, 2 base coaches, bouncies, no head shots, one base on an overthrow, forced outs, no ghost men, and bunting is allowed so get a good catcher on your team. For the enjoyment of all, proper respect and civility is required of all participants toward one another. Fighting is not allowed or tolerated.
When & Where
Christian Fellowship Church
Our mission is to have passion for Jesus Christ, and compassion for people. We meet every Sunday at 10AM for family friendly worship that is lively and contemporary. We welcome children into our worship services but do have a nursery available for infants and toddlers.