San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Special Kentucky U.S. Green Building Leadership Summit
+ LEED PLAQUE CEREMONY
Market Transformation for our Built Environment
- Join us to hear about the momentum that has been transforming the built environment for over 20 years.
- Learn about the economic, environmental, and social impact of this movement so far and why there is a promise of tremendous continued impact.
- Celebrate more than 400 LEED projects in Kentucky while learning how to participate in our continued transformation to an environmentally and socially responsible, healthy and prosperous society.
Our Distinguished Panelists:
Dr. Shirley Willihnganz - Provost, University of Louisville
Through his bold, collaborative leadership of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Rick Fedrizzi has transformed architectural practice, created new markets and sparked innovation that has led to fundamental shifts in resources saved, toxins eliminated, greenhouse gases avoided, and human health enhanced. Since co-founding the organization in 1993, and serving as its President and CEO since 2004, Rick has pursued a sweeping program of work that engages individuals and organizations across the built environment in transforming buildings, communities and cities into places that deliver on the triple bottom line.
LEED, the premier global green building certification program that certifies 1.7 million square feet of building space per day, anchors USGBC’s work, which has included educating and accrediting nearly 200,000 LEED professionals. The Center for Green Schools at USGBC, inspired by Rick in 2010, is working to make sure every child is in a green school in this generation.
Rick has helped redefine the role of NGOs in societal change by forging deep partnerships with the business community, mayors, teachers and students, as well as leveraging the community influence of USGBC’s 76 local chapters and the more than 100 other World Green Building Councils members around the globe to put green buildings and communities at the center of every sustainability effort. An executive with United Technologies’ Carrier Corporation for 25 years, Rick brings strong business acumen and creative leadership to the global green building movement.
Among his honors are the Charles H. Percy Award for Public Service from the Alliance to Save Energy, the prestigious Olmsted Award from the American Society of Landscape Architects, and the Arents Award from Syracuse University. In 2014, he was made an Honorary Member of the American Institute of Architects.
Rick serves on numerous boards and advisory committees:
- World Green Building Council, where he served as Chair from 2011 to 2013.
- Green Building Certification Institute
- Center for Health and the Global Environment at the Harvard School of Public Health
- American Architectural Foundation
- Chair of the Scaling Sustainable Buildings Action Network of the Clinton Global Initiative.
Read from Rick's Thought Leadership
When & Where
Kentucky U.S. Green Building Council
To improve the health and welfare of all Kentucky citizens through a sustainable and responsible built environment.
To educate and promote the design, construction, and operation of buildings and the built environment in Kentucky that are environmentally responsible places to live, work and learn.
- Develop an organization of excellence to solidify the Chapter’s capacity to impact market transformation within the Commonwealth of Kentucky to a sustainable built environment.
- Provide the education and forum for dialogue with all stakeholders including Kentucky’s underserved population to drive an overall increase in the market’s capacity for sustainable development and access to all.
- Advocate for public policy advancing the mission and vision of USGBC and educate policy leaders in the advantages of the LEED system as a standard for green building and neighborhood development.
- Encourage the use of Green Building Best Practices and additional tools and standards for certifying green buildings and neighborhood development.
Special Event Sponsors: