- Stephanie Foo, NPR Producer, 'Snap Judgment'
- Reny Ryan, author of 'Confessions of a a Brazillian Bikini Waxer'
- Doug Cordell, 4X NPR Storyteller
- Jake Arky, BustingOut Favorite
- Mosa Maxwell-Smith
- Stan Sinberg
Life giveth & Life ripeth away.
Sometimes slowly like a bandaid over an open wound - Sometimes quickly like a foreclosure in Antioch.
July is Kay DeMartini's birthday month - so the evening includes a cake w/o a girl jumping out of it.
Stephanie Foo - NPR Prodcuer 'Snap Judgment' Did you read about her in Atlantic Monthly? Yup, she's quoted talking story. Smart, sassy, and a whirlwind of talent - she's got a story about a visit to a Porn Convention. And it doesn't end like you think.
Reny Ryan - author of 'Confessions of a Brazilian Bikini Waxer'. Yup, she's the real deal. www.waxconfessions.com She took the stage in Walnut Creek when BustingOut Storytelling was Real Stories Bay Area. She wrote a book and had it translated in a million languages. She waxes men (back, sack & crack) and knows more women in Contra Costa County than any mailman. Tonight she tells HER story.
Stan Sinberg - a writer for Mad Magazine (yes, it's still around www.madmagazine.com) He was a regular on KGO, a reporter, a playwriter. Stan has stories and Stript is one of them. Lucky? Unlucky? You be the judge . .
Doug Cordell - a favorite storyteller, we are lucky to have here tonight. We already want him back. He's been on NPR, Emmy-nominated writer and solo performer, told stories ALL over the Bay Area, Doug never sits still. www.DougCordell.com
- Jake Arky - Yeah, he's got cred. Assoc. Director of Education and Playwriting at TheatreWorks in SF, Ivy League, Huffington reviews, blah, blah. But he brings it. Authentic, raw, and unafraid. He would even tell his story in his underwear, all Hangover-Vegas-style. Wait, he's done that already. Tonight, let your imagination will be your guide.
- Mosa Maxwell-Smith - it would hard to find a cuter storyteller than the divine Ms. M. She hails from Oakland and runs a group of storytellers in her living room. She blogs about parenthood on www.boobjuice.wordpress.com, is an improvisor, a storyteller and decifers food into dinosaur categories. She's always got game: 'Hey Mosa, you got a story for Stript?' 'No problem.'
*Get on our Mailing List, more events: www.BustingOutStorytelling.com
Doors 6:30pm Show 7:30pm Seating - first come/first serve.
Come early for local craft beers & a great regional selection of wines, coffee and organic food. Check out the menu/bar: Awaken Cafe
Get tickets early, online and save! Last month we Sold Out - $5-10 off the door price
Oakland BustingOut Storytelling series is monthly, always on the THIRD Thursday.
New to Storytelling Events? Live storytelling is a relatively new genre where people tell true stories on stage. These aren't the rambling stories that your uncle used to tell at Thanksgiving dinner. Similar to a comedian's routine, these are well-crafted, rehearesed stories with an arch, designed to be performed live. They will move you, make you laugh, make you cry, and provide for an uexpected and engaging night of entertainment.
When & Where
Live Music, Fourbarrel Coffee, Beer/Wine and Food.