This event has ended

Kappa Delta's Shamrock 5k Run/Walk

San Diego State University's Kappa Delta

Sunday, March 16, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)

San Diego, California

Kappa Delta's Shamrock 5k Run/Walk

Registration Information

Registration Type Sales End Price Fee Quantity
Runner Ended $25.00 $1.62
Walker Ended $25.00 $1.62
Kid's Run
If your child wants to participate in our FREE kid's run, please click the box so we can have an amount of how many children will be coming!
Ended $0.00 $0.00

Who's Going

Loading your connections...

Share Kappa Delta's Shamrock 5k Run/Walk

Event Details

photo 0804da14-b84f-4887-a668-7f2e492315a2.jpg

Did you know that nationally, there are approximately 1,700 child fatalities a year due to child abuse or neglect? California has the highest rate of neglect of any other state, and San Diego County ranks number one in child abuse. Today you have an incredible opportunity to make a lasting impact on the future by standing with Kappa Delta Sorority to eradicate child abuse in our country.

 

The Beta Rho chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority at San Diego State University will host its annual Shamrock 5k on March 16, located at NTC Park, Liberty Station in Point Loma in San Diego.  Our goal is to raise $17,000 for the prevention of child abuse.  The proceeds from this event directly work toward helping neglected and abused children.   The majority of funds - 80 percent -will stay in our community to support the incredible work being done by Olive Crest Organization. The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America – the leading advocate for preventing child abuse and neglect among our nation’s children since 1972. Since adopting child abuse prevention as a national philanthropy in 1983, Kappa Delta has raised over $10 million nationally for this important cause. With your help, we can continue to make an impact on the lives of children in our community and nationwide. 

Through various fundraisers, and hands-on community service, we will be making a difference, and we humbly ask for your help in whichever form you wish to contribute.  Any contributions will help to defray the costs associated with the event, so that all funds raised can go directly toward the community.   All money raised beyond these costs will be directly donated to the organizations.

 

Not only can you register to run or to walk, but monetary donations, sponsorship, or donations are greatly appreciated.  Monetary donations can be done by clicking on the button below. 

 

Collect donations online with billhighway.com!

 

However if you would like to help in other ways please contact me at shamrock.betarho@gmail.com if you would like more information!

 

 

Sincerely,

Milan Desamito

San Diego State University Kappa Delta

VP of Community Service

shamrock.betarho@gmail.com


 



HERE'S A BIG THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS -


photo ScreenShot2014-03-10at114751AM.png

http://traklife.com

photo ReachYOGA.jpeg

 @ http://www.reachyoga.com

 

photo farmfishfork.png

 @ http://farmfishfork.com

photo whichwhich.jpeg

 @ http://www.whichwich.com

photo DYEsnow.jpg

 @ https://dyesnow.com

photo AnglersChoiceTackle.jpeg

@ http://www.anglerschoicetackle.com

Unique Technique

Poway Adult Day Health Care Center

Have questions about Kappa Delta's Shamrock 5k Run/Walk? Contact San Diego State University's Kappa Delta

When & Where



NTC Park
2455 Cushing Rd
San Diego, California 92106

Sunday, March 16, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)


  Add to my calendar

Organizer

San Diego State University's Kappa Delta

  Contact the Organizer

Please log in or sign up

In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.