Kansas City, MO - CE Academy, Inc Live Event
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT)
Kansas City, MO
‘Live Continuing Education & Networking Event’
June 4, 2014
4 AIA HSW Credit Hours towards your state license.
1 GBCI General CE Hour for LEED Professionals
8:00 AM Registration Begins
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee provided.
8:30 - 9:30 AM (8:30 - 9:15 am verified by Vernon Talbot)
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with Ultracompact Surfacing – ‘Dekton by Cosentino’
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #:COS06E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Jeffrey Cannata
In this course, we explore a cutting edge surfacing technology, ultracompact surfacing. Gain insight
into how this surfacing material possesses the same characteristics of natural stone while providing
unmatched color and design flexibility.
1. Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and
2. Define ultracompact surfacing and the innovative production process that creates
intrinsically unique properties.
3. Discuss designing with ultracompact surfaces in terms color, texture, and format.
4. Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical
resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
5. Identify possible interior/exterior application options with ultracompact surfacing material.
9:40 - 10:40 AM (9:30 - 10:30)
Densified Concrete & Densified Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: CDI102
AIA Provider: Curcrete Distribution, Inc.
Presenter: Vernon Talbot
Learn more about the differences between densified concrete and densified-polished concrete.
Identify how chemical densifiers can enhance the performance of concrete floors and the many
alternatives and choices that are available on the market today. Also learn more about
densified-polished concrete and how this process takes densified concrete one step further,
providing all the benefits of a chemically densified floor, with an aesthetically pleasing decorative
1. Identify the differences between "densified concrete" and "densified-polished concrete."
2. Identify the challenges, disadvantages of using floor coatings and membranes as
opposed to chemical densifiers.
3. Identify the advantages of using chemical densifiers over floor coatings and
membranes. Identify the added benefits that polishing can add to densified concrete
and the low life cycle cost factor when compared to other types of flooring materials
and coverings such as tile, terrazzo, etc.
4. Learn how the process of concrete densification eliminates the need for additional
applications, and can enhance the overall performance of concrete for the life of the
floors, when using the right chemical densifier product.
10:50 - 11:50 AM - (New Course which is still in development will not be presented today).
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems (10:40 - 11:40)
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc. Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: John Quint
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
12:00 PM Lunch provided by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
1:00 - 2:00 PM (12:40 - 1:45)
Next Generation Green Restroom Design
1 AIA HSW Credit Hour | AIA Course #: IEX00A
USGBC Course ID: 910000371
AIA Provider: Excel Dryer
Presenter: Jim Gray
This course provides an overview of the newest technologies in high-efficiency plumbing products
and high-speed, Energy-efficient hand dryers. It offers compelling evidence of the economical,
environmental and practical benefits of sustainable restroom design based on established research
and statistical data. Topics covered include water conversation and energy efficiency strategies,
criteria for selecting best-practice green building restroom, products, and applicability to green
building programs, certifications and standards.
• Recognize the imperative to conserve water, energy and other natural resources in buildings and
describe the environment, health and economic benefits of reduced water and energy use from
high-efficiency restroom products.
• Define and select high-efficiency plumbing fixtures and hand dryers and understand the economic
and Environments benefits of measuring the carbon footprint of products and processes through
• Apply restroom design and product selection strategies to earn LEED points and other certifications.
• List financial and maintenance benefits of the high-speed, energy-efficient dryers.
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.