San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us at the Central Library on October 17, 2014, for Kansas City's first annual Digital Inclusion Summit. This hands-on event will provide a forum to share and discuss digital inclusion efforts and needs in Kansas City and exchange best practices and trends in the field of work that includes digital and online information literacy, broadband adoption, low-cost technology, economic and workforce development and public access to information technology.
There will be a number of breakout sessions and hands-on workshops that will showcase some of the great work that local organizations are already doing, including: Working with immigrant populations, 3D printing with Blender, Trainer's Toolbox: Resources for Digital Literacy Providers, Free Digital Resources for Education, Workforce, and Economic Development (Library Databases), Digital Literacy Apps for Tablets, Mozilla Webmaker tools, Setting up & maintaining your wifi router, Digital literacy for seniors, and more.
Goals of the Summit include:
- Identifying the major needs in Digital Inclusion for Kansas City
- Identifying the major gaps in the community in narrowing the digital divide
- The development of a community wide collaborative plan to narrow the digital divide
- Raising awareness on the importance of narrowing the digital divide in Kansas City
- Improving education and employment outcomes
- Improving and enhancing access to health and government resources
Digital Inclusion Summit – Program*
Two 45 minutes sessions will allow Summit attendees hands-on experience in workshops including:
||Keynote and Lunch
Angela Siefer, a senior research associate at the Center for Digital Inclusion, presents the keynote address.
|1:00 p.m.||Breakout Discussion Sessions (Two consecutive 45 minute sessions)|
|2:45 p.m.||Ignite Talks|
*Program schedule may be subject to change.
Is your organization interested in sponsoring Digital Inclusion in Kansas City? If so, please take a look at the Sponsorship Package.