San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In this high-energy, interactive and fun one-day class, you’ll be introduced to the essentials of Kanban. Kanban is a method for managing the creation of products with an emphasis on continual delivery while not overburdening the development team. Like Scrum, Kanban promotes continuous collaboration and encourages active, ongoing learning and improving by defining the best possible team workflow. This class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Kanban firsthand. You’ll learn to visualize what you do each day, how to limit the amount of work in progress, and how to enhance your workflow.
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was a great look into how we, as Developers, can improve our process within our Agile Scrum Teams." - Zach
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
Who should attend?
- Kanban Team Members
- Project Managers
- Software Development Managers
- Senior IT Leadership (Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning about the benefits of Kanban
Kanban Essentials Learning Objectives:
- Understand how to describe Kanban, so that you can better appreciate it
- Visualize your work, so that you can identify wasteful activities
- Apply Work In Process limits to improve quality
- Make policies explicit, so that you can establish trust
- Implement feedback loops, so that you can improve faster
- Manage flow, so that you can improve predictability
- Improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally, so that Kanban works for your real world environment
Kanban Essentials Benefits:
- Increase quality though increased focus and clear communication of standards
- Increase team morale by granting permission to self-improve
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering prioritized features first
- Improve communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems
- Increase the value delivered to your organization through a “finisher” mentality
- Develop a method that is custom fit for the unique contexts of your organization
- Start Kanban the day after the class, seeing faster returns on investment than other development approaches
- Improve relationships between IT, the business, and your customers through shared understanding
Kanban Essentials Takeaways:
- Easy to use reminders of Kanban
- Printed class manual
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 7 PDUs
About The Instructor: Kate Megaw, CSP, PMP
Kate is an IT professional with over 12 years of industry experience. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management from The Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. She is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance and a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI).
Kate is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a worldwide leader in Agile transformations. Kate has spent much of her career managing and leading teams for global companies like XcitekSolutionsPlus (XSP) and H&R Block. She has founded and grown several community organizations such as Birmingham International Association of Microsoft Certified Partners (IAMCP), Agile Birmingham and TechBirmingham’s suite of TechMixer Events. In addition Kate has served as Vice President for Professional Development for PMI Birmingham.
Want more testimonials? Check these out!
Organizations That We Have Trained:
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 business day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.
When & Where
The Braintrust Consulting Group