In this high-energy, interactive and fun one-day class, you’ll be introduced to the essentials of Kanban. Kanban is a method for managing the creation of products with an emphasis on continual delivery while not overburdening the development team. Like Scrum, Kanban promotes continuous collaboration and encourages active, ongoing learning and improving by defining the best possible team workflow. This class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Kanban firsthand. You’ll learn to visualize what you do each day, how to limit the amount of work in progress, and how to enhance your workflow.
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was a great look into how we, as Developers, can improve our process within our Agile Scrum Teams." - Zach
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
Who should attend?
- Kanban Team Members
- Project Managers
- Software Development Managers
- Senior IT Leadership (Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning about the benefits of Kanban
Kanban Essentials Learning Objectives:
- Understand how to describe Kanban, so that you can better appreciate it
- Visualize your work, so that you can identify wasteful activities
- Apply Work In Process limits to improve quality
- Make policies explicit, so that you can establish trust
- Implement feedback loops, so that you can improve faster
- Manage flow, so that you can improve predictability
- Improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally, so that Kanban works for your real world environment
Kanban Essentials Benefits:
- Increase quality though increased focus and clear communication of standards
- Increase team morale by granting permission to self-improve
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering prioritized features first
- Improve communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems
- Increase the value delivered to your organization through a “finisher” mentality
- Develop a method that is custom fit for the unique contexts of your organization
- Start Kanban the day after the class, seeing faster returns on investment than other development approaches
- Improve relationships between IT, the business, and your customers through shared understanding
Kanban Essentials Takeaways:
- Easy to use reminders of Kanban
- Printed class manual
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 7 PDUs
About The Instructor: John Miller, CSP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute. John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools. John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives. John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
Want more testimonials? Check these out!
Organizations That We Have Trained:
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 business day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
When & Where
The Braintrust Consulting Group