San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Contrail software-defined networking (SDN) solution. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use the OpenStack and Contrail Web UIs. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Contrail. This course is based on Contrail Release 1.03.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define basic SDN principles and functionality.
• Define basic OpenStack principles and functionality.
• Define basic Contrail principles and how they relate to OpenStack.
• List and define the components that make up the Contrail solution.
• Describe the functionality of the Contrail control and data planes.
• Describe the two installation types: ISO and RPM.
• Perform an ISO-based install.
• Run setup scripts, create and modify a testbed file, and provision a multi-node Contrail cluster using fab scripts.
• Gain an understanding of the OpenStack and Contrail WebUIs.
• Create a tenant project.
• Create and manage virtual networks.
• Create and manage policies.
• Create and assign floating IP addresses.
• Add an image and launch an instance from it.
• Describe how a tenant is created internally.
• Describe service chaining within Contrail.
• Set up a service chain.
• Manipulate the WebUI monitoring section.
• Extract key information regarding the Contrail infrastructure.
• Extract key information regarding traffic flows and packet analysis.
• Create various types of filters and queries to generate data.
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in data center, service provider, and enterprise network environments.
Students should have a basic understanding of the Junos operating system. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Contrail Overview
Chapter 3: Architecture and Installation
• Lab: Performing Multi-server Installation of Contrail
Chapter 4: Basic Configuration
• Lab: Basic Tenant Implementation and Management
Chapter 5: Service Chaining
• Lab: Implementing Service Chains in Contrail
Chapter 6: Analytics and Troubleshooting
• Lab: Performing Analysis and Troubleshooting in Contrail
Appendix A: APIs in Contrail
Also Available On-Demand: If you would like this class delivered to your team on your campus, contact us to schedule and provide group pricing.
Cancelation Policy: Full-refunds will be given to registrants that cancel 6+ business days prior to the event. We'll do our best to help you reschedule as well. No refunds for registrants that cancel less than 6 business days prior to the event.
Contact Us: SDN Essentials, www.sdnessentials.com
- Toll-Free 800-462-1708