San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"- Hebrews 12:1
THE FREDERICK DOUGLASS SOCIETY PRESENTS A JUNETEETH CELEBRATION!
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States, thanks to the 13th Amendment!
From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, the observance of June 19th has spread across the United States and beyond.
Today Juneteenth commemorates American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a time for reflection and rejoicing. It is a time for assessment, self-improvement and for planning the future.
In cities across the country, people of all cultural groups and nationalities are joining hands to recommit ourselves to making this nation a better place to live, work, and play, based upon those important historical experiences and lessons!!
INITIATIVE DELIBERATIONS INCLUDE:
- Building Trades and Economic Revitalization
- Strong families lead to Strong Economies
- The Davis Bacon Act: A Barrier to Economic Prosperity
- "The Need for a Revolution of Cultural and Spiritual Values"
- School Choice: The key to American Exceptionalism
- Labor Freedom: The Economic Benefits of Worker Choice
- Project Labor Agreements: Ending economic discrimination against women and minorities
- Veterans: Meeting our obligation to provide economic opportunities for Veterans
We shall celebrate and examine our history, while helping attendees understand how we must juxtapose the lessons of the past with current practices—practices which promote economic independence, strong families, individual responsibility, commitment to education and American exceptionalism.
The Rev. C.L. Bryant- Founder- One Nation Back to God; Film Maker, Runaway Slave
Jimmy Greene – CEO/President of Associated, Builders and Contractors
Stacy Swimp – Nationally recognized speaker, commentator, President of Frederick Douglass Society
K Carl Smith – President and Founder of Frederick Douglass Republicans
Scott Hagerstrom- Americans for Prosperity-Michigan
Linda Lee Tarver- Ethnic Vice Chair, Michigan Republican Party
Other special invited guests to be announced soon!
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND!
- Americans for Prosperity-Michigan
- The National Right to Work Foundation
- The Frederick Douglass Economic Empowerment Corporation
- The Mackinaw Center for Public Policy