San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"- Hebrews 12:1
THE FREDERICK DOUGLASS SOCIETY PRESENTS JUNETEETH RECEPTION!
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States, thanks to the 13th Amendment!
From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, the observance of June 19th has spread across the United States and beyond.
Today Juneteenth commemorates American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a time for reflection and rejoicing. It is a time for assessment, self-improvement and for planning the future.
In cities across the country, people of all cultural groups and nationalities are joining hands to recommit ourselves to making this nation a better place to live, work, and play, based upon those important historical experiences and lessons!!
(Note: There will be heavy Hors d'oeuvres!)
We shall celebrate and examine our history, while helping attendees understand how we must juxtapose the lessons of the past with current practices—practices which promote economic independence, strong families, individual responsibility, commitment to education and American exceptionalism.
- The Rev. C.L. Bryant- Founder- One Nation Back to God; Film Maker, Runaway Slave
- Ismael Hernandez –Founder, Freedom and Virtue Institute
- Stacy Swimp – Nationally recognized speaker, commentator, President of Frederick Douglass Society
- K Carl Smith – President and Founder of Frederick Douglass Republicans
- Bishop Ira Combs, Jr. – Founder & Pastor of the Greater Bible Way Temple Church of the Apostolic Faith in Jackson, Michigan
- State Senator, Pat Colbeck (R-Michigan)
- State Representative, Mike Shirkey (R-Michigan)
- State Representative, Earl Poleski (R-Michigan)
- Scott Hagerstrom- President, Americans For Prosperity-Michigan
- Gary Glenn – President of the American Family Association of Michigan
- Linda Lee Tarver – Ethnic Vice Chair of the Michigan Republican Party
- Terry Bowman- President, Union Conservatives
- Nick Hawatmeh- MIGOP Grassroots Vice-Chair
More special guests to be announced soon!
- Hank Choate
- Marcy Jankovich
- Carolyn Hardrick
- Lucinda Treadway
- Bishop Ira Combs
- Alicia Williams
- Americans for Prosperity-Michigan
- The Michigan Republican Party
- The National Right to Work Foundation
- Tripps Auto Shop & Collision Centers
- The Frederick Douglass Economic Empowerment Corporation
- Jeff Sakwa
- Ron Weiser
Hurry and purchase your discounted tickets before June 16th!
PLEASE NOTE: You must be registered in order to attend!