July 18, 25 & August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 (2011)
Who is this class for?
- First time parents only!
- Single, teen, low-income or families who can't otherwise afford to pay for a childbirth class.
Our seven week class series covers all the information you need to know to prepare for the birth of your baby and adjust to motherhood. Here is an overview of the class topics.
- Baby Care: Learn all about your newborn: bathing, diapering, soothing, sleeping and much more. This hands on class will give you confidence as a parent.
- Breastfeeding: Explore the joys and challenges of breastfeeding your baby. Learn how to get breastfeeding off to a great start, overcome common problems and fit it into your lifestyle.
- Birth Recovery: Packed with survival tips for postpartum! Learn what to expect physically and emotionally and how to prepare for the changes a new baby will bring to your family.
- Childbirth (4 nights): These classes cover what to expect during labor and birth, teach you skills to help cope with labor discomfort and help you make informed decisions about your care.