$7 in advance $10 day of show
Doors at 8pm Show at 9pm
- Founded in 1993, Juciferpioneered the sludge / doom metal duo
- Jucifer trademarks including their enormous amp rig and unconventional shifting / combining of genres have influenced and inspired many over two decades.
- The band has performed steadily and released albums through the 90's and 00's on both major and indie labels as well as recently founding their own Nomadic Fortress label which is distributed by Relapse.
- During the 90's Jucifer was based in Georgia, but in 2001 moved permanently into their tour vehicle. They have lived entirely on wheels for the decade since and have stated that this nomadic life was undertaken to facilitate playing "as many shows as we possibly can". Their endless tour typically covers 20 or more countries each year.
- Jucifer shows are known for being extremely heavy and loud, blending elements of sludge, doom, black metal, death metal, thrash, crust, grind, drone, and noise with occasional melodic passages. Performances are ritual and cathartic, and frequently include improvised sections between or even during the songs. The guitar is downtuned to various non-standard tunings, which lends an unexpectedly pleasing quality to the high volume employed.
- Jucifer's albums are impressively diverse, though often not representative of their core sound. 2010's 'Throned In Blood' album was the first full length to draw almost entirely from this core, but its sparse production (planned to sound "old school" according to the band) fails to do justice to their massive tones live.
- In October 2011 the reissued 1994 EP 'Nadir' was released for digital download by Grindcore Karaoke, J. Randall of Agoraphobic Nosebleed digital-only label.
- LP version of 'Nadir' was released in October 2012 by Mutants of the Monster, the new label run by Christopher "C.T." Terry of the band Rwake and filmmaker / video editor /metalhead David Hall (Maryland Deathfest The Movie DVD series, vinyl from Rwake, Surachai, Tellusian, and Biipiigwan). Mutants of the Monster is distributed by Sony RED.
- Spring 2013 will see the release of Jucifer's eighth studio album (name not yet announced).
- In addition, the band's Nomadic Fortress label plans 2013 release of a split between Jucifer and an Aaron Deal (Darkest Hour, ex-Salome) solo project.
- Jucifer is also in the process of recording for a side project with drummer Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Fantomas, PHILM).
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.