Join Us in Celebration of the UN’s 68th Anniversary & UNA’s 70th Anniversary!
Sunday, October 20, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
Mount Vernon, NY
United Nations Day 2013ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Sunday, October 20, 2013
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
(Registration begins at 3:30)
Wartburg Conference Center, 1 Wartburg Place
Mt. Vernon, NY 10552*
The program will include:
- Welcome dance by Akosua Living Afrikan Drum and Dance Troupe
- Welcome remarks by Mayor Ernest D. Davis, City of Mt. Vernon
- Brief history of UN Day by Marcia Brewster, President of UNA-USA, Westchester Chapter
- Message from John W. Ashe, President of the General Assembly and UN Ambassador from Antigua and Barbuda
- Video message from Ahmad Alhendawi, Secretary-General’s Envoy for Youth
- Q and A discussion moderated by Yuhanna Edwards (President of Mt. Vernon City Council)
- 70th Anniversary Legacy Award to outstanding Chapter member: Dr. Brenda L. G. Smith
- Recognition of winners of student video competition
- Entertainment by the Concordia College GospelKnights and Steel Pans by Ahkeel and Dehnique
- International Pot Luck Buffet
*Directions to Wartburg: Take exit 12 on Hutchinson Parkway (just south of Cross County). Go west on East Lincoln Ave toward Mt. Vernon; at next traffic light turn R on Wartburg Pl (or Station Place). Go two blocks N to gatehouse
When & Where
UNA-USA Westchester Chapter
We are a membership organization of people who support the mission of the United Nations. We are a chapter of the national UNA-USA organization.