Joggermom Dog Days of Summer Run
Friday, August 1, 2014 at 12:00 AM - Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This is a great time of the year to go on a jog with your dog early in the morning or after work. For the first time, we are offerring you the chance to add on a companion 1" medal during check out for your pet. On top of that, you will help save animals from cruelty. This month 20% goes to ASPCA. Our half marathon (13.1 miles) can be done over the whole month of August. Our Win It Wednesdays and running tips can be found on our Facebook Page.
- 20% of proceeds goes to ASPCA
- Newsletters about popular running topics
- Great place to hang out with like minded people
- Real medals (a 2.5 inch medal with an original design and a companion 1 inch medal can be added for your pet)
- Weekly Win It Wednesday to win great prizes available to only those that sign up.
- Join us on Facebook for the most up to date info
Founded in 1866, the ASPCA was the first humane organization in the Western Hemisphere. Their mission, as stated by founder Henry Bergh, is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.” While there are SPCAs and humane societies all over the country, the ASPCA is not directly affiliated with them. However, the ASPCA works nationally to rescue animals from abuse, pass humane laws and share resources with many shelters across the country.
How to get started
2. Once the marathon starts, just enter your miles into our web app located on the right hand side of our marathon blog (marathon.joggermom.com), or download our mobile app from iTunes or Google Play (search for joggermom)
3. You can use the app to see your miles completed and see how you rank against other runners.
5. Once your miles add up to 13.1 miles, we will send you your medal at the address you registered at the web app. If you have changed addresses, just amend your profile on the web app.