Joggermom Cancer Run 2014
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 12:00 AM - Friday, October 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
October is breast cancer awareness month and we like to contribute by holding our Joggermom Cancer Run. Anyone anywhere can now contribute at their convenience while challenging themselves on a 26.2 mile marathon that can be done over the course of a whole month. You can run more one day and less another or just run all 26.2 miles over a weekend. It is all up to you and after it all, you get a great 2.5 inch medal along with knowing you just contributed 20% of your ticket to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- 20% of proceeds goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Newsletters about popular running topics
- Great place to hang out with like minded people
- Real medals (a 2.5 inch medal with an original design.)
- Weekly Win It Wednesday to win great prizes available to only those that sign up.
- Prizes like strollers, bags, and gift cards from our sponsors will be announced soon!
- Join us on Facebook for the most up to date info
The National Breast Cancer Foundation's mission is to help women now by providing help and inspiring hope to those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services. NBCF is a stabilizing force in the lives of hundreds of thousands of women who have reached a crossroad in their lives and need a helping hand to get across the bridge. NBCF offers free, innovative programs that other organizations aren’t providing to women facing breast cancer. These programs include:
National Mammography Program
Beyond The Shock
Early Detection Plan
Breast Health Awareness
How to get started
2. Once the marathon starts, just enter your miles into our web app located on the right hand side of our marathon blog (marathon.joggermom.com), or download our mobile app from iTunes or Google Play (search for joggermom)
3. You can use the app to see your miles completed and see how you rank against other runners.
5. Once your miles add up to 26.2 miles, we will send you your medal at the address you registered at the web app. If you have changed addresses, just amend your profile on the web app.