San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ATTENDEES: Please arrive at 8 a.m. for your light breakfast and to network with other attendees. If you are registered, your name will be on the ticket list at the door, so you do NOT have to print out a ticket. If you are not seated by 9 a.m., we will start releasing your tickets to the line of any not-yet-ticketed attendees.
Fashioned after TEDx, there will be 18 speaker with 8- or 13-minute presentations for this conference. This is not a jobs/career fair.
This FREE SoCal Jobs & Career Summit includes a free light breakfast (compliments of Corner Bakery) and a free buffet pasta and salad lunch (compliments of the Long Beach Turkey Trot). The summit will be filled with ideas, tips, and inspiration to, “purposefully get, get ahead, and get going further with a job or career.”
According to organizer Justin Rudd, “The goal for the event is to help people find jobs/careers by helping them get some practical job search and job security advice, find purpose, find a meaningful job/career, find success, and get their fire back. Underlying all of this, the summit is meant to be a day of inspiration and hope, all targeted to those who are unemployed, underemployed, and/or disenfranchised at their current job/career.”
• 8-8:50 a.m.: sign-in and FREE light breakfast provided by Corner Bakery.
• 9 - 11 a.m.: 1st session with 9 speakers NOTE: Late arrivals will be held in the lobby until the speaker has ended.
• 11 a.m. - noon: FREE pasta buffet lunch; free headshots
• Noon - 2 p.m.: 2nd session with 9 speakers
• 2-3 p.m.: reception/mixer; attendees will be encouraged to mingle with the speakers and other attendees; free headshots; free fruit compliments of Gelson's Markets, Long Beach
WIN AIRFARE!: At the conclusion of the event's mixer (approx. 2:45), one (and only one) name will be drawn from all attendees who were present for the entire day. And, if present at that time, the person will win a roundtrip flight on JetBlue!
FREE HEADSHOTS: free, professional headshots during lunch and during the post-event mixer by Lei Wang. We'll post them on Facebook, and you can grab and use for your Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
The event will be interpreted for the hearing impaired.
PARKING: We highly encourage you to ride a bike, walk, carpool, or get dropped off. If you drive, please park in public metered lots along 2nd St. or at the beach. The church is just one block north of 2nd St., corner of The Toledo @ Corona Ave. Also, there is a Long Beach Transit bus stop in front of Bank of America on 2nd St. - which is just one block south of the church.
• Walter Larkins; Commissioner, L.A. County Workforce Investment Board, President CDR Financial Services, LLC
• Markell Morris; Futures in Motion, Inc.
• Chris Lengyel; MATFA/Feets4Cleats
• Brian Williams; President & CEO of Junior Achievement of Southern California
• Ben Espitia; Goodwill SOLAC
• Mike DuRee; Fire Chief, City of Long Beach
• Don Knabe; Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, chairman
• Mick Ukleja; author; president LeadershipTraQ
• Patrick West; City Manager, City of Long Beach
• Tina Geske; Recruiting Supervisor, Gelson’s Market
• Anne St. John; Exec. Director Organizational Development, Training and Employee Engagement at MemorialCare Health System
• David Perram; Director of Student Affairs, Westerly School
• Aimee Hoffman; Executive Recruiter, De Forest Search Partners
• Darick Simpson; Executive Director, Long Beach Community Action Partnership
• Darrell Gillcrese; Talent Acquisitions Department, Molina Healthcare
• John Szabo; City Librarian, Los Angeles Public Library
• Rob Carpenter; Professor, California State University, Los Angeles
• Joshua Chavez; Life coach; Lead pastor, 7th Street Church; singer; songwriter
- Justin Rudd!
- Ralph Millero
- Brad Duerre
- Brad Miyasato
- Brina Romero-Montano
- Christina Beck
- Colin MacDiarmid
- Danny Bradfield
- Dara Samson
- David Perram
- Holly Santos
- Jeff Anderson
- Jeff Williams
- Jewell Faamaligi
- Julie Kim
- Liliane Roy
- Marleen Hurtado
- Polly Adams
- Rick Loveall
- Ryan Grabill
When & Where
Justin's Community Action Team (CAT) promotes social well-being among the general public. As a 501c3 nonprofit corporation governed by a board of directors, contributions to CAT are tax deductible and are used to help produce quality events within our community that benefit children, animals, and the environment.