- "Austin Skyline is one of the most riveting live albums I've ever heard."--Thom Jurek, Detroit Metro Times
- "Highway Trance puts Jimmy LaFave in the first rank of roots rockers to emerge from Austin, Texas. His songwriting shows equal passion for road-house rock and romantic balladry, and his Night Tribe band is a killer."--Don McLeese, Rolling Stone
- "On Buffalo Return To The Plains, LaFave is on his way to where every kid who picks up a guitar and tries out his voice hopes to some day go. If this is to be LaFave's national breakthrough LP - and how can it not be? - the song that should get the job done is "Foolish Pride." LaFave wrings it out with that gloriously emotive voice.... The first time I heard "Never Be Mine," I played it over and over again, at least six times, wondering how a song so sad and gorgeous could come out of a man who tucks his jeans into his boots. "Never Be Mine" is a broken heart's best friend." --Michael Corcoran, Austin American-Statesman
- "Listen to Road Novel, and if your definition of soul is broad enough to include an Oklahoma native whose songs have a little twang and red dirt in them, then you'll probably include LaFave among your favorite soul singers." No one in rock 'n' roll sings with more passion and grit than this guy, and when LaFave wraps that amazing honeyed-whiskey voice around a ballad it can send chills down your spine. ``Road Novel'' features several songs that will do just that, an assortment of barn-burners a nd the sort of surging anthems that Bruce Springsteen once performed."--Eric Fidler, Associated Press
- "Jimmy LaFave sings like a soul caught up in the rapture."--Claudia Perry, The Houston Post
When & Where
Strange Brew, Lounge Side
Strange Brew, Lounge Side. Winner of two Austin Music Awards 2012/13 for Best NEW CLUB and Best ACOUSTIC VENUE.