Special Guest Speakers:
Jason Levine, Mary Poplin, Lori Freitag, Joanne Dorgan:
SF Cutters JULY 31 MEETING NEW Website: http://sfcutters.com/
THURS JULY 31 - please purchase your ticket online, arrive on time
Tickets are not available at the door, online only
Message me if you community group would like a table
DOORS OPEN at 6:30 for Goat Hill Pizza, INFUSED ICED TEAs -
Network with speakers, attendees until 7 and then again during our midbreak
VISIT Tables :
IMAGINEER SYSTEMS: Mary Poplin: Product Specialist
SPEAKERS FROM 7-10 Final Order to Be Determined
JASON LEVINE: Adobe World Wide Evangelist -
Jason is working on his presentation now so please add your video/audio questions about Adobe CC into our survey on signup.
• Jason Levine, travels the globe inspiring and educating users on the Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on video and audio. Levine has conducted training sessions for some of the top broadcast corporations in Europe and Asia including BBC, RTL and SVT. Prior to Adobe, Jason was a full-time recording engineer working in studios coast-to-coast, engineering hundreds of recordings in a multitude of genres, prompting the formation of BoodahJooMusic Publishing. Since 2003, Jason has presented to more than 250,000 people, from Syracuse to Singapore and everywhere in between.
beatlejase Blog: http://www.boodahjoomusic.com
• LORI FREITAG: Training & Content Manager for RE:Vision Effects, will be presenting a short overview of their plug-ins. She will follow with some specific case studies using
RE:Match (automatic color matching tools)
DE:Flicker (a solution for problematic high frame rate and timelapse footage).
Lori has worked for RE:Vision Effects since 2009. Previously she worked freelance in production as a visual effects artist and compositor for main titles, films, commercials and motion graphics for over 18 years. Her work has been nominated for an Emmy and has received many other design awards. She has also worked for, and developed training for Autodesk, Getris Images, taught at the Art Institute, Silicon Studio, worked for Apple and done many private company training sessions in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia.
See more work credits here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0293915/
Lori has studied at the Sorbonne in Paris and St. Martins School of Art in London.
• MARY POPLIN: Imagineer Systems Demo
Imagineer Systems: mocha v4 presentation
Imagineer System's product specialist, Mary Poplin will present mocha Pro, the Academy Award winning planar tracking and VFX utility that compliments 2D and 3D workflows.
This special presentation will feature new mocha v4 workflows and tools that assist Premiere, After Effects, Nuke and more. If you have never seen Mary's upbeat and educational visual effects tutorials, this session is not to be missed!
Mary Poplin is Product Specialist for Imagineer Systems, the innovators of mocha planar tracking and visual effects tools
An experienced visual effects and motion graphics artist, Mary has worked on major Hollywood feature films such as The Last Airbender, Gullivers Travels, and Jackass 3D.
As Imagineer Systems' west coast product specialist, Mary consults with film studios and customers to provide hands on training to help evangelize the power of mocha and planar tracking.
• JOANNE DORGAN : Freelance Editor and SF Cutter Crew Member, will show the first of her mini-documentary series: Fish-to-Table. This video shows how Black Cod is caught and prepared for the table. Joanne will talk about making this film and its sequels.
Last meeting until Oct 23, and Nov 20, mark your calendars for the last three meetings of 2014
SF Cutters is hosted by Adobe, 601 Townsend at 7th.
Free validated Adobe parking at 655 King - all other garages are private fee based
location convenient to Muni #19 and #10 buses, TLine and NJudah MUNI, and CalTrain 4th and King stations.
American Cinema Editors in Los Angeles:
EDITFESTLA: Sat Aug 2 Los Angeles is now sold out
Evening cocktail party included - mingle with panelists, and attendees
#AEWorld After Effects World
Sept 26 Warm UP Sessions: Sept 27-29 Conference Days #Seattle
code during registration for 10% discount
or 15% discount for Editors Retreat Alumni
JULY 31 SF Cutters SPECIAL INFO -
Reminder last meeting this Summer, next Oct 23, Nov 20
• RAFFLE PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS - PLEASE READ -
YOU MUST ATTEND THE FULL MEETING AND STAY UNTIL THE END FOR DRAWINGS AND BE PRESENT - ONE PRIZE PER PERSON LIMIT -
July 31 Meeting Sponsors and Special Guest Speakers:
(1) seat of mocha Pro 4 - value $1495
mocha Pro is the newest version of the Academy Award-winning planar tracking and visual effects software from Imagineer. mocha Pro adds new features for stereoscopic 3D, Python scripting, Keyboard shorts cuts, support for Adobe Premiere Pro and much more.
Learn more at:
(1) seat of mocha Plus - value $245
mocha Plus (formerly mocha AE) is the brand new Planar Tracking and masking utility that now supports Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Motion, HitFilm and Boris FX. mocha Plus goes beyond the bundled versions by adding new features, including a 3D camera solver and lens correction tools for After Effects. Also new! easily copy and paste mocha's tracked roto masks to Premiere Pro CC.
(1) seat of RE:Match (automatic color matching tools)
(1) seat of DE:Flicker (a solution for problematic high frame rate and timelapse footage).
Several NEW Reel Directories - this meeting only!
• Artbeats: Stock Footage Sound Fx Templates Music and more
1X $500 gift Certificate http://www.artbeats.com/
• DigiEffects Plugins:
1 DigiSuite Damage & Delirium http://www.digieffects.com/
• Divergent Media: http://www.divergentmedia.com/
2X seats of EditReady:
Quickly transcode any QuickTime file to an edit-ready format
like Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD
• Imagineer Systems SEE Top Prizes above
• Indie Essentials: The Essential Toolkit for Indie Filmmakers and Videographers
• Noise Industries http://fxfactory.com/
1 seat Secret Identity (Retail Value $79).
Automatically track and obscure facial features without any keyframing with this effects pack.
Secret Identity has been designed for Mac OS X Lion / Mountain Lion / Mavericks and will work in Final Cut Pro 7 & X, Motion 4 / 5, as well as Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS6 / CC
1 seat XEffects Camera Transitions (Retail Value $49).
This product is a collection of 28 customizable transitions that reproduce still and movie camera effects, as well as still and movie projector effects.
Xeffects Camera Transitions has been designed for Mac OS X Lion / Mountain Lion / Mavericks and will work exclusively in Final Cut Pro X.
• TiffenDFX Standalone license http://www.tiffensoftware.com/
Simulating 2,000+ popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters
• Rampant Design NEW Products http://rampantdesigntools.com/
• 1 3mo.Moviola Training Pro Membership http://moviola.com/
• Focal Press: 2 books NEW Selections: TBA
• Larry Jordan Training: http://www.larryjordan.biz/
2X Larry Jordan Webinars Gift Certificates
1X Larry Jordan Subscriptions Gift Certificate
• Peachpit Press: EBBooks: http://www.peachpit.com/
from among the following titles -
APTS Motion 5 - Premiere Pro CC Visual QuickStart Guide -
Digital Video with Adobe Creative Cloud -
Adobe Audition CC Classroom in a Book -
Adobe After Effects CC Visual Effects and Compositing Studio -
Premiere Pro CC Classroom in a Book -
After Effects CC Classroom in a Book -
Hand Held Hollywood's Filmmaking with the iPad
When & Where
SF Cutters: www.sfcutters.com
SF Cutters is the World's first Apple Final Cut Pro User Group forming in March of 2000. We have evolved to cover NLEs on the Mac, including but not limited to FCP, PremierePro, After Effects, Resolve, AVID, Lightworks, related plugins, VFX software and more. We also focus on the business, aesthetics, and life of the postproduction professional.
That's right, the concept of a DV User Group, complete with networking, screenings and tech info centered around Apple Final Cut Pro was born right here in San Francisco. Currently there are over 100 chapters of Creative Pro User Groups based upon our model. We are proud to be the founders of this exciting movement, dubbed in 1999 as "The DV Revolution". Viva!
SF Cutters meets regularly in San Francisco and the Bay Area Jan thru Nov, the schedule may vary from year to year.