Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Join us to learn more about The Speech Garden Institute's brand new communication and sensory preschool!
Continuing our tradition of classroom-based communication therapy, The Speech Garden Institute now offers an intensive preschool program to prepare children for Kindergarten. Two class options are available:
- Children ages 3 and four learn in small classes, lead by a speech-language pathologist. Our preschool has a heavy focus on sensory needs, with much learning occurring outside and in other sensory environments. Our program runs three half-days, with one day each week devoted to 'Community Based Instruction'- therapy out and about in our community.
- Our Traditional Kindergarten focuses on preparing children for admission to kindergarten in a typical classroom with little or no extra support. This class meets five half-days. This class is also led by a certified SLP with a heavy focus on sensory needs. One day each week will be 'out and about' - therapy in the community.
We are sure that you have many questions (and perhaps some requests), and we are happy to answer them.
Participants in this free session will learn:
- Our core beliefs and how they drive our program objectives.
- How we address communication and sensory delays in the classroom setting.
- Details on our academic and social curriculum.
- Why we spend so much time outside!
- How and why we partner with an existing preschool program.
- The admissions process and who attends and why.
- Details on the class options, staffing, and daily operations.
- How we address and incorporate sensory needs into our curriculum (with certified OT).
Please plan to join us for a free information session to learn more.
When & Where
The Speech Garden Institute, Inc.
Creating competent communicators