Join us for our January New Volunteer Orientation where you will recieve a behind the scenes tour of the shelter and sit in on an informational meeting about the VHS history, mission, and the volunteer program.
Please arrive to the Orientation 10 minutes early to check in and to fill out the volunteer application.
We are currently only recruiting for the following positions:
Cat Care, Isolation Assistant, Dog Care, Dog Socializer and Foster Families. (This list may be subject to change at anytime)
If you are not interested in one of these positions, please check back next month for our current needs.
If you have any questions, please contact Lori J Rice - firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-426-8656 ext 16.
Volunteer Program FAQs
- After you attend orientation, you will choose a volunteer path and then attend the required workshops within that path. It can take some time to become a volunteer, but we are certain you will find the extensive training you receive with us to be a valuable addition to your skills.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 12 years old to work with a parent or guardian. Volunteers 16 and older may work independently. Some positions may have different age requirements.
- New volunteers must make an initial commitment of six months. Monthly minimums vary by path but you should plan to spend at least four hours a month volunteering to meet requirements of most programs.
- All new volunteers are required to purchase a Volunteer Starter Kit for $20 that will set you up with a volunteer t-shirt, name badge, discount card for Pet Food Express, and volunteer additional volunteer materials or manuals.
- If you are interested in volunteering in our Canine Comfort therapy dog program, please send an email to: email@example.com