Jane Austen returns to Dumbarton House.
A Jane Austen
You are cordially invited to join us on the lawn of the North Garden at Georgetown's
for one or all of the films comprising this summer's evening film festival.
Wed, 12 June (Becoming Jane - Hathaway/McAvoy, 2007) [rain date: 13 June]
Wed, 10 July (Mansfield Park - O'Connor/Miller, 1999) RESCHEDULED due to weather for Wednesday, July 17. Tickets for July 10 will be honored on July 17.
Wed, 7 August (Pride & Prejudice - Knightley/Macfadyen, 2005) RESCHEDULED due to weather for Tuesday, August 13. Tickets for August 7 will be honored on August 13. Additional tickets available for August 13. We expect additional space will be available the evening of the screening. Registration will take place at the main gate on Q Street.
Admission is free, thanks to the generous support of our corporate sponsor,
Please note the following:
- Lawn space is limited by occupancy restrictions, and it is therefore advisable to reserve space. Guests with reservations will be given priority entry until 7:30 pm. Afterwards, guests at the door will be permitted to take any available space remaining.
- Entry will be at the front gate (2715 Q Street) only, and the grounds will open at 7:00 pm.
- The grounds will close 30 minutes after the end of the film.
- The film will start at sunset, approximately 8:30 pm.
- Lawn/blanket seating only. Guests with lawn chairs are asked to kindly take seats at the rear of the lawn. Four-legged friends will not be permitted to join the audience.
- Smoking will not be permitted on the grounds.
- There will be concession stands open, and sales will support Dumbarton House. Tradewinds Specialty Imports will offer white wine ($6 per glass and $10 for two) and champagne ($8 per glass). Food from Cafe Bonaparte or Dean & DeLuca will also be available for purchase. Water, soda, candy, and freshly-made popcorn will also be available for purchase.
- The museum will not be open during the event, but please come back for a tour Tue-Sun, 11:00 am-3:00 pm (admission $5).
Questions? 202-337-2288 or Education@DumbartonHouse.org