Idlewild’s language courses are fun and practical, and were included in the "Best of New York 2012" issue of New York Magazine.
The classes are taught in our beautiful store in Brooklyn, not a stuffy classroom, by dynamic and experienced native speakers. Class size is limited to 14, so everyone gets a chance to speak in every session.
This class will be taught by Stefano Di Cicco, a native of Rome with 15 years’ teaching experience in New York.
Is this class for you?
This course is for people who have either completed our Italian for Beginners course or have a rudimentary knowledge of Italian (including formation and use of the simple present tense and other basic grammar). Our Advanced Beginner class focuses on more advanced grammar and building conversation skills, and includes presentation and practice of the following situations and grammar topics:
- asking for and giving directions
- prepositions and means of transportation
- forming and using the present perfect tense
- irregular past participles
- using reflexive verbs and reflexive object pronouns to talk about daily activities
- talking about likes and dislikes
- forming and using the future tense
About our classes
- This course is 10 weeks long and will meet for 75 minutes per weekly session.
- Class size is limited to 14 people.
- The beginner, advanced beginner and intermediate courses follow a text (not included in the course price but available to students for the discounted price of around $18 including tax).
- There are no make-up classes. On the first day of class, each student will receive a syllabus that lists the weekly assignments so you can keep up with your studies if you have to miss a class.
If you wish to cancel your registration, you must contact Idlewild by telephone or email at least seven days before the start date of your class to receive a refund.
If you wish to postpone your registration to a later session, you must contact Idlewild by telephone or email at least three days before the start date of your class to receive a credit toward a future session (good for one year).
Idlewild Books (Brooklyn)
249 Warren Street
(between Court and Smith)
Idlewild is an international bookstore with locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Our language classes were named "Best of New York" by New York Magazine and are taken by more than 3000 New Yorkers every year.