ISO 14001 Foundation
Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM - Friday, October 21, 2016 at 4:30 PM (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Environmental Management System (EMS) as specified in ISO 14001:2015. This training also helps to understand how ISO 14001 relates with other management systems. The participant will learn the different components of an EMS, including the EMS policy, procedures, measuring performance, management’s commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
- Members of an Environmental team
- Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 14001 standard
- Staff involved in operations related to an EMS
- To understand the implementation of an Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001
- To understand the relationship between an Environmental Management System with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Environmental Management System
- To acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing an Environmental Management System (EMS) as specified in ISO 14001
- Introduction to the ISO 14000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles in Environmental Management
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 4.6 of the ISO 14001 standard
- Implementation phases of the ISO 14001 framework
- Continual improvement of Environmental Management System
- Conducting an ISO 14001 certification audit
- Identification and Evaluation of Environmental Aspects/Impacts and their Significance
- Principles and design of processes and controls
- Documentation of processes and controls of an EMS
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Monitoring and reviewing the system
- Certified ISO 14001 Foundation exam
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
- The “Certified ISO 14001 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Environmental Management?
- Domain 2: Environmental Management System (EMS)
- The “Certified ISO 14001 Foundation” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 1 hour
- For more information about exam, refer to PECB section on ISO 14001 Foundation Exam
- A certificate of Certified ISO 14001 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential
- For more information about ISO 14001 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 14001 Foundation
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- A student manual containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits certificate will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
Save This Event
When & Where
Sigma Strategic Business Consult Limited (Sigmastrat) is a business strategy, project management and performance Improvement consulting firm that serves as a key advisor to leading companies in Africa. We provide our clients with unique insight to drive critical decision making and solve their most pressing problems. Sigmastrat also provides LEAN Kaizen and Six Sigma solutions. We are dedicated to helping companies and organizations improve their performance and achieve sustained profitable growth.
Sigmastrat has a widely spread footprint with a mobile, highly experienced team of technical specialists and performance improvement experts with impressive track records and over 100 years combined experience in various fields of business growth.
Apart from Corporate level strategy, Sigmastrat offers bespoke Management training services, both online and class rooms based, and have tailored on-site sessions to meet specific corporate needs.
Every year, the majority of our business comes from clients with whom we worked in the previous year – an indicator of our ability to achieve lasting results for our clients. Our client relationships are enduring, as many clients have remained partners for years. We are dedicated to helping clients achieve meaningful and measurable results in areas critical to their success. We measure our success by the results our clients achieve and by the depth and extent of our relationship with them.