Irish Future Internet Forum Conference 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM (BST)
Join Us on 1st June, where the TSSG will host, on behalf of IFIF, the 3rd Future Internet Forum. This conference will support knowledge sharing between Irish policy makers, funding agencies, industrial players and academic researchers. In doing so, this Forum will address the challenges and, more importantly, the opportunities associated with the emerging Future Internet.
Our current Internet is creaking under the strain of capacity, security and management limitations. Huge capital investments are being made across Europe, the USA and Asia, to create a Future Internet that will meet the unprecedented demands of our knowledge society. This Future Internet is expected to connect anything up to 50 billion devices worldwide in what will then be a true Internet-of-Things and in truth who will process this data, create insights and new services?
Ireland must not be left behind as the Future Internet grows a mesh of fixed and mobile services around us. Ireland engaging fully in the conception and development of the Future Internet will ensure:
- Sustainable growth in our ICT sector;
- Crucial support for an ICT-based economy; and
- The elimination of the digital divide between citizens.
The objective of the Forum is to engage participants in the development of terms of reference and an implementation framework for the creation of an Irish network for the Future Internet. This forum will give Ireland the opportunity to:-
- Monitor, evaluate, and contribute to international Future Internet scientific, social and economic development;
- Support the development of Future Internet research, development and implementation strategies for Ireland through consensus building between Irish stakeholders;
- Facilitate greater collaboration between Irish stakeholders so as to encourage early implementation and experimentation of Future Internet applications and services;
- Create greater participation by Irish Industry and academia in international Future International programmes (particularly EU Framework programme, technology platforms and research projects);
- Develop strategies to support greater collaboration between Irish Future Internet activity and non European initiatives (such as those in Asia, Africa, South America and the US).
- Support education and other outreach efforts through connecting Irish and international experts with IFIF members.
Minister Fergus O'Dowd TD will open this years event, with key note speakers from around the globe providing their insights into the "Future Internet". Session 1 Key Note speakers include:
Session 1 - Future Internet Society 2020:-
- Malcolm Crompton - Previous Federal Privacy Commissioner of Australia and current Director of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (view blog)
- Michel Riguidel - Head of the Department of Computer Science and Networks, at ENST (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications) (view website)
........and many more!
Seating is limited so REGISTER NOW! to avoid disappiontment.
Networking Drinks 31st May
Join us in the evening of May 31st for pre event Networking Drinks. Networking drinks will be held in the Medieval Room at the Kilkenny Parade Tower starting at 6.30pm, To secure your place, register your ticket above!
Find all your Event information using the links below:-
Don't Miss Out on IFIF 2011!
Date: 1st June 2011
Venue: Kilkenny Parade Tower, Kilkenny
Brought to you by: