IPMBA Police Cyclist Certification Course
Monday, May 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM - Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
International Police Mountain Bike Association
Police Cyclist Certification Courses
May 6-9, 2013
Westminster Police Department
9110 Yates Street
Westminster, Colorado 80031
Westminster Police Officers Paul Newton & Rance Okada (Ret.),
Corporal Mike Carlson (UCD), Det. Matt Cole (Golden PD), and
Dep. Rod Goshorn (Jefferson County S.O.)
- 21 to 27 speed mountain bike in good mechanical order. The bike must be of sound quality and properly fit the rider.
- The bike must be equipped with toe clips or similar devices, a chain stay-mounted side stand and night-riding equipment i.e. headlight (minimum 10 watts), flashing LED tail-light.
- Each student must bring, and use, a properly fitted bicycle helmet, protective eyewear, cycling gloves, and a reflective traffic vest.
- Padded cycling shorts and clothing appropriate for weather conditions are highly recommended.
- A completed PAR-Q form (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire)
- Must already know how to ride a multi-speed mountain bicycle. This course is NOT a beginner’s bicycle school.
- Should be in good physical condition. For example, students should be able to ride 30 miles at an average speed of 12 mph.
- Must attend all 36 hours of instruction.
Monday-Tuesday-Thursday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
*Wednesday-Altered schedule for night training
Space is limited so register early
Course Sponsored by Greater Metro P.O.S.T. Training Region
Register on-line at
Questions? Call Off. Paul Newton @ 303-658-4053