IPJC Human Trafficking Workshop: Portland
Thursday, November 6, 2008 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
- Featured speaker Rani Hong—Trafficking survivor, founder of Tronie Foundation—
Establishing “homes of freedom,” shelters for women and children suffering from the exploitation of human trafficking.
- Education on Human Trafficking in the Northwest
- Initiating the “Stop the Demand” Campaign
- Resources & Action
Who Should Come?
- Anyone concerned about human trafficking—the modern day slavery
- All interested in addressing the situation locally or globally
- Members of sponsoring organizations
- Students, parishioners, social justice committees, law enforcement, service providers, healthcare professionals
Presented by: Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center • 206.223.1138
Event Co-Sponsors: Archdiocese of Portland–Office of Justice & Peace, Catholic Charities–Spokane, Catholic Community Services of Western Washington, Franciscan Health System, Franciscan Spiritual Center, Lourdes Health Network–Pasco, Lutheran Community Services Northwest, Oregon Human Trafficking Task Force, PeaceHealth, Providence Health & Services, Seattle Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women, Seattle Police Department, Tronie Foundation, UNANIMA, Washington Anti-Trafficking Response Network, Washington Association of Churches