Investor Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown
Thursday, October 13 (6:30pm EST)
Pizza/soda provided for all attendees
Pitching includes Angelsoft application and pitch coaching from Indicate Media
Panelists (alphabetic order)
- John Ason (@kewpster) Professional Angel Investor at Kewpie Associates
- Brian Cohen (@brianscohen)Vice Chairman of New York Angels and Founder & CEO of Launch.it
- Paul Sciabica (@paulsciabica) Executive Director of New York Angels
- Jonathan Stillman (@jonstillman),Founder & President of Half Moon Ventures and Managing Director at Assembla
- Yuri Bakumenko MobilizeToday
- Ilya Zeldin brandME
- Kelsey Recht InstEvent
- Alex Kombos EventNow
- Chaz Mee Brouha
- Aaron Rudenstine CityMaps
- Graham Clarke Dealicio
- Charles Holden OnLock Digital Authentication
- Pritesh Damani Winito
- Sandira Calviac RideHack
- 6:30pm – Pizza, networking and introductions
- 6:45pm – Investor Feedback Forum – 10 startups pitch to an investor panel; the panel provides actionable advice for each pitch
- 8:15pm – Pitch Showdown - audience voting via Twitter; winners announced and prizes awarded
- 8:30pm – Drinks at nearby location
The Investor Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown is designed to:
- Help early stage startups refine their investor pitch
- Provide helpful, actionable advice on each startups business model from active, early-stage tech startup investors
- Demonstrate to the audience how investors evaluate startup pitches
- Award prizes to the most viable startups, based on audience and panel voting.
The three winning startups are automatically invited to pitch to the NY Angels.
Every startup pitching receives free pitch coaching from Indicate Media.
At the Investor Feedback Forum, the panel and the startup pitches are integrated into a single session. Startups pitch to a panel of early-stage technology investors. Each startup gives a pitch and brief demonstration of his/her product. The panel and audience ask follow-up questions after each pitch. The panel gives constructive feedback to each startup pitching. At the end of the series of pitches, the audience votes for their favorite pitches via Twitter. The winners are announced and prizes are awarded. Then we go for drinks nearby.
- Graham Lawlor (@generationg), Founder of Ultra Light Startups
- David Carlos, Founder of David Carlos Managed Information Architects
Local Sponsors (New York)
Video Stream: If you cannot attend this event in person, please consider watching our live video stream. The stream will have full coverage of the startup pitches, interactive panel discussion, as well as exclusive interviews with panelists, startup founders, and special guests.
When & Where
Ultra Light Startups®
Ultra Light Startups brings together the world's most innovative technology entrepreneurs, in monthly events and accompanying online communities. Events feature pitching, networking and interactive, moderated panel discussions with leading industry experts.
Topics covered: design, technology, marketing and finance