BayBrazil, Veirano Advogados and Fenwick & West present:
Investment trends in Brazil
Brazil’s growing middle class and tech-savvy consumers are contributing to make the country a top destination for investments in Latin America.
Out of the $7.9 billion that private equity and VC firms committed to invest in the region last year, Brazil received $5.7 billion. The amount was invested in 147 deals while Mexico closed only 21 deals for $684 million.
Players include both large VCs, global funds and also a growing group of Brazilian VCs and angels.
However, as the field gets crowded, margins and returns are diminishing raising questions on the future of the Brazilian investment ecosystem.
Our June 19 panel of experts will discuss the recent activities in the PE and VC industry & offer a reflection on the challenges faced by US fund managers while exploring opportunities in Brazil.
- What are the leading investment sectors in Brazil?
- What are the main drivers behind the recent internet/technology deals?
- How are US fund managers structuring their deals in Brazil?
- What are the key challenges from the US investor perspective?
- What are the growth prospects for the Brazilian economy?
Andy Tsao, Silicon Valley Bank
Carlos Lobo, Veirano Advogados
Renata Quintini, Felicis Ventures
Have questions about Investment trends in Brazil?