The Center for Socially Responsible Business & the
Lokey GSB Net Impact Chapter Present
“Investing Within: Innovative Financing Strategies for
Domestic Social Ventures”
Friday, April 13, 2012
8:00 am-6:00 pm
Join us as we engage domestic leaders whose innovative financing strategies are pushing the world toward a sustainable equitable society. With domestic unemployment and poverty on the rise, it's evident that the traditional strategies are no longer sufficient for building thriving communities and economies. New forms of financing, such as mission-driven venture, social impact investing, or innovative nonprofit enterprises are increasingly part of the solution. Join Mills faculty, students, and industry experts to learn more about who is breaking the mold, what is working, and how we can adapt these innovations to create economic and social value in our communities.
Speakers and Panelists include:
- Nikhil Aurora, Co-Founder of Back to the Roots
- Mike Balducci, Director of Product Marketing at Fundly
- Chris Balme, Co-Founder/ Executive Director of Spark
- Michael Bush, CEO of the 8 Factors
- Jose Corona, Executive Director of Inner City Advisors
- Anita Dharapuram, former Executive Director of CEO Women
- Breanna DiGiammarino, Associate at Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
- Megan Fielding, Head of Investment Supply & Business Development of MicroPlace
- Dick Fletcher, Chief Lending Officer/EVP of One Pacific Coast Bank
- Nick Flores, Director of Investment & Entrepreneur Services at Investors Circle
- Liam Garland, Executive Director of Education Pioneers
- Mike Hannigan, President of Give Something Back
- Nancy Heinen, Chair at Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund (SV2)
- Maika Hemphill, Portfolio Manager, North America at Kiva
- Dermot Hikisch, Director of Business Development at B Corporation
- Jonathan Schorr, Partner at New Schools Venture Fund
- Scott Leonard, Founder and CEO, Indigenous Design
- Carolina Martín, VP of West Region at DonorsChoose.org
- Lisa Nash, CEO of Blue Planet Network
- Arturo Noriega, Founder & Managing Director at Centro Community Partners
- Kirsten Saenz Tobey, Co-Founder/Chief Innovation Officer of Revolution Foods
- Tanya Scott, Founder and Executive Director of Ed Support Services
- Lalitha Swart, CEO & Founder of TripSketch
- Kyle Westaway, Social Entrepreneur, B Corp Specialist and Attorney
- Steve Wright, Director of Social Performance Management Center, Grameen Foundation
Lunch and networking reception catered by Bon Appétit Management Company..."foodservices for a sustainable future."
The Lorry I. Lokey Graduate School of Business is a green facility and this will be a zero waste event. We will have containers for recycling and compost. We encourage you to bring a reusable mug or bottle for beverages!
All sessions will be videotaped and audio-recorded for unlimited use post-event. You should expect to be filmed if you attend this event.
There is no coat check at this event.
The Center for Socially Responsible Business and its annual conference are made possible through a generous grant from The Elfenworks Foundation.
Tickets are non-refundable. Please let us know if you will not be able to attend and we will donate your ticket to a student.
Schedule is subject to change at any time.