INVEST LOCAL CONFERENCE - Thursday, September 26
What local investing solutions currently exist, and what's on the horizon?
How can we increase the capital that stays in our local economy?
8:30am-4pm at The Flamingo Hotel, Santa Rosa
Pre-registration: 1/2 day, no lunch $25 / 1/2 day, lunch $35 / Full day, lunch $45
Day of event: 1/2 day, no lunch $40 / 1/2 day, lunch $50 / Full day, lunch $60
Locavestor sponsorship: Full day with lunch, $100
Featured speakers include Janelle Orsi, author of Practicing Law in the Sharing Economy, and Jenny Kassan, attorney, community development consultant, and CEO of Cutting Edge Capital. Janelle and Jenny together cofounded the Sustainable Economies Law Center.
Discussions and breakout sessions on crowd-funding, sustainable business plans and agreements, business resources, local food and energy systems, and more.
- Keynote by Janelle Orsi, author of Practicing Law in the Sharing Economy
- Two Panel discussions - Crowdfunding/DPO's/CA Stock Exchange; Alternatives to Wall Street
- Invest Local Pitches featuring 7 local entrepreneurs
- Keynote by Jenny Kassan, attorney, community development consultant, and CEO of Cutting Edge Capital. Janelle and Jenny together cofounded the Sustainable Economies Law Center.
- Spotlight on Cooperatives and Local Investing
- Two breakout sessions - Food Systems Alliance with local case studies; Opportunities in Local Energy
Organized by The Leadership Institute for Ecology and the Economy, Sonoma County GoLocal Cooperative, Boys and Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa, CoIgnite, Slow Money North Bay, and other community members.
For more information, go to golocal.coop/investlocal2013
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT!
When & Where
Leadership Institute for Ecology and the Economy
Founded in 2000, the Leadership Institute is a 501(c)3 public charity based in Sonoma County dedicated to ensuring a sustainable future for California's North Coast.
Our mission is to inspire, educate, and connect leaders to create a model of sustainable community. For more information please see our website www.ecoleader.org.