Introduction to Wordpress, June, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
You have heard all about building your own web site with Wordpress. We are developing an introductory course designed to help new users get their web site up and running faster. Learn how to create a basic web site with Wordpress including your own blog. We will show you the basics of creating pages, blog posts, choosing a theme, and working with plugins.
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
This is an interactive class where you will create your own Wordpress site on a free hosting account. You will need to bring your own wireless enabled laptop to the class with a standard Internet browser installed (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari). The free Wordpress training account is recommended since the course references some themes and plugins that have been pre-installed on the hosting service.
Plan to arrive early if you will need assistance connecting your laptop to the Internet.
This class is targeted towards the "non-programmer" or average user. Basic familiarity with using an Internet browser is all that is required for this class.
Upon completion of this class you will be able to:
- Create a new account on a free Wordpress site. (pre-class homework)
- Log in to the Wordpress administrator backend.
- Create static web pages for a "regular" web site.
- Create blog articles.
- Include an image in a page or blog article post.
- Activate a theme and customize the site appearance.
- Change the sequence of static pages displayed on your menu bar.
- Activate a plugin that will allow your site visitors to fill in a form to contact you via email.
- Moderate comments posted to your blog article pages.
- Use basic HTML in writing Wordpress content:
Modify image insertion HTML
Use bolded words and different fonts.
Duration: 3 hours (Plan to arrive 15 minutes early to setup your laptop).
Maximum number of attendees: 10 students
Location: Team Nimbus Center, North Raleigh
Course notes will be provided to you electronically prior to the class starting. If you wanted a printed copy, please print out a copy and bring it with you to class.
If you do not complete the full registration process, including payment by Paypal, you will not show up in the list of attendees for the class. Contact email@example.com if you have a preference to pay by an alternative method.
Learn about our $500 web site offer - a five page web site that you can maintain on your own!
When & Where
Non Stop Portals
Non Stop Portals provides web portal development services in the Raleigh, NC area. www.nonstopportals.com