Introduction to Web Application Security
Saturday, October 23, 2010 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Web application security is a critical area of knowledge for anyone aspiring to or already working in information technology. This 4-hour lab-oriented seminar is perfect for web developers, application managers, administrators and aspiring security professionals. The basics of web application security are essential to creating and managing web applications, but a fun and challenging topic even if you only have a passing interest in security or ethical hacking.
Topics that will be covered:
- What is Web Application Security?
- OWASP Top Ten Vulnerabilities (Injection, XSS, Cryptography, Session Management, etc)
- Objectives for Successful Exploitation
- Common Tools for Auditing and Exploitation
- Live Demonstrations
- Interactive Lab Environment *
This seminar will be conducted by Ryan O'Horo, a CISSP and Security Consultant for IOActive, Inc.
Note: If you are expensing this event to your employer and need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This seminar involves an interactive lab and is best experienced by bringing your own laptop with WIFI to work on, but one is not required to get the full benefit of the seminar.