Introduction to Searching
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
This hands-on workshop will tackle how to effectively and efficiently do research and navigate the college's extensive online library, which includes searchable access to millions of full-text journal and newspaper articles, and other resources.
Ideal for those new to the college, new to using the online library or doing college-level research.
You will learn how to:
- Create a search strategy from a research topic
- Use the Subject guides
- Search Journal & Newspaper Articles
- Use powerful search results page options
Go to the workshop space (sign in 5-10 min. prior to start time): http://tinyurl.com/esclibworkshop
- Sessions are hands-on; you may be asked to answer questions in text chat or take part in small group activities.
- Ignore any registration confirmation message about printing the ticket.
- Workshops are recorded and may be shared for evaluation purposes.
- You will receive emails reminding you about, and or as a follow up to, the workshop.