In this class, we'll discuss:
- How to tell your organization's story
- How to write a strong needs assessment
- How to write an evaluation plan
- How to use stories and other information to bolster your case
- What to include in your program and operating budget
- How decisions are made
- How to effectively communicate with staff at local foundations
- What to expect after you have submitted your proposal
- How to research grant opportunities, and determine whether or not those opportunities are a fit.
- How to understand grant guidelines, and how to write to the appropriate audience
This course goes beyond the Introduction to Grantseeking class by providing you with prompts and opportunities to develop your ideas for your proposal, and some of the basic materials that you will need to write your proposal. Time will be set aside for you to get feedback from a small group, and from the instructor. Come prepare to write your own proposal, or develop a proposal using a case study..
When & Where
In addition to trainings, Colorado Grants helps nonprofit and community agencies obtain grant funding. Colorado Grants has helped nonprofit and tax-exempt groups raise $120 million through more than 1,000 funded grants and awards.