Introduction to Digital Marketing
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST)
Chicago, United States
LEARN DIGITAL MARKETING FROM EXPERT PRACTITIONERS!
UPDATED DATE & LOCATION!!!! Please note this class is now scheduled for January 22, 2013.
This course is a full day of instruction that introduces you to the basics of digital marketing.
About 312 Digital:
312 Digital is a Chicago-based company that provides in person digital marketing training classes. Learn more about the company, our teaching methods and mission at http://312digital.com.
The flow of this class:
Each 312 Digital class follows a similar format.
- 1. Each class is a full day of intense instruction designed to teach you exactly what you need to know in order to market your business online.
- Each class is made up of four different two hour segments taught by local experts who practice what they preach - each instructor is expert in the area they teach with up-to-date skills.
- Each two hour class section follows the following basic approach:
- 90 minutes of lecture and Q&A (some instructors prefer to hold Q&A until the end of lecture, others encourage it during their discussion).
- 30 minutes of small group breakout session to discuss what you learned from the previous 90 minutes and how you plan to apply those concepts to your business. This will encourage deeper relationships with your fellow students and give you an opportunity to embed the content from the previous session by thinking about and discussing it in the context of your specific business.
In this class, you will learn:
Digital Marketing First Steps
- Content Strategy
- Keyword Research
Taught by Andy Crestodina
Search Engine Optimization
- Introduction to SEO
- On-page Search Engine Optimization
- Off-page Search Engine Optimization
Taught by Carolyn Shelby
- How to fit social media into your day, plans or departments
- Social media is about people - how to find yours
- How to become popular with your social media audiences
- Going beyond the "like" - How to get your captive audiences to act
- Got results? Now do more
Taught by Mana Ionescu
- Introduction to Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
- Analytics Setup
- Dashboard Setup
Taught by Dave Rohrer
There's more! Each student also receives the following:
In addition to the full day of learning, all attendees receive the following:
- Printed copy of all course materials for easy reference and note taking.
- 90 days FREE membership in our online forum where you can interact with fellow students and receive assistance from 312 Digital Faculty.
- Certificate of course completion.
Who should attend Introduction to Digital Marketing?
Introduction to Digital Marketing will introduce you to concepts used daily by almost every digital marketer. We build on this foundational course as later courses dig deeply into specific areas within digital marketing. Even if you are not interested in all four areas covered in this course, these basics will serve you well as you market your business online.
This course is perfect for:
- Small business owners who are interested in learning how to market their business online.
- Employees of mid to large sized businesses who are tasked with marketing their business online.
- Individuals who are interested in learning a new skill set to make themselves more employable in a growth industry.
- College students or recent graduates interested in learning more about the digital marketing industry.
- Anyone who is on the verge of hiring a consultant or firm covered by one of these content areas. By the time this course is completed, you will possess a highly functional digital marketing BS detector.
When & Where
Sean McGinnis is Director of Digital Marketing at Sears PartsDirect and founder of 312 Digital.
312 Digital trains business owners and employees how to market their businesses on the internet.
He also is a consultant, blogger, networker and speaker who shows businesses how to use digital media and the internet to grow their businesses more profitably.