Introduction to CourseWeb
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
New to CourseWeb? This workshop provides the information and skills you need to start using CourseWeb, the University of Pittsburgh’s implementation of the Blackboard 9.1 learning management system. After receiving an overview of CourseWeb and its major components, we’ll use its navigation features to access and set up the main parts of a course. This workshop meets in Alumni Hall, B26.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to
- Identify who to contact for CourseWeb problems, where to go for additional CourseWeb resources, and where to get additional CourseWeb training as well as teaching consultation;
- Login to CourseWeb and make your course available to students;
- Give examples of tools within each of CourseWeb’s five capabilities: Content, Communication, Assessment, Collaboration, Grades;
- Use contextual menus, edit mode, and drag-and-drop to navigate CourseWeb;
- Navigate a CourseWeb course to access and upload content and make the content available to students;
- State the principles of predictable course design and identify them in a course;
- Locate your personal and course content collections and know the difference between them.