San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
3D printing is quickly becoming one of the most influential technologies to emerge in the 21st century. It's also one of the most fun and most useful technologies because you can create a whole slew of objects ranging from the more practical, such as prototypes and replacement parts, to the more amusing, like toys and sculptures. 3D printing is easier than you think and can be done quickly and efficiently. This technology is the future, so now is the time to learn more about it.
On March 30th, 2013, you'll find out everything you need to know about home 3D printing from the Deezmaker team. We'll show you how the process works, from creating a 3D digital object to a finished, plastic 3D print. Along the way, we'll walk you through all of the steps and details so that, by the end of the day, you'll have a firm grasp of the fundamental concepts behind 3D printing and how 3D printers work. Best of all, the whole day will be hands on. As the makers of the Bukobot 3D Printer, we will have several machines available so that you will leave Deezmaker with an object created by a 3D printer!
Here's what we'll cover:
- A brief history of 3D printing and the RepRap movement
- The many uses and types of 3D Printing
- The basics of CAD Design and digital 3D objects
- Introduction to Arduino and how it's used in 3D printing
- The details on how a simple "FDM" 3D printer work (like our Bukobots).
- Software that's needed and how to use it to run a 3D printer
- How to create a simple design using a CAD program and preparing digital objects for 3D printing
- How to 3D print an object with a Bukobot 3D Printer
- Useful tips and tricks to get great looking printed objects
Sign up today, seats are limited!
All attendees will be offered a free 1kg of filament during the event for any new Bukobot pre-orders placed or if you already have an ordered in queue.
Every attendee should bring a laptop (Windows, Mac or Linux is OK) to participate in the CAD and software demonstrations.
We will allow ONE child (12+ years old recommended) per General ticket with an parent/gardian present, but only one will be able to participate in any of the activities.