Intro to Neo4j – NYC
Friday, February 7, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
Duration: 8-hours/1 day
Skill Level: Beginner
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, Administrators, DevOps engineers, DBAs, Business Analysts and students.
- Executives and others who want an overview of the Neo4j technology.
- An understanding of graph databases
- How to use graph databases
- Introduction to data modeling with Graph databases
- How to get started working with Neo4j
- Build confidence in building a graph enabled application
You don’t need any previous experience with Neo4j, NOSQL databases or specific development languages
This course helps build a good knowledge of graph databases. It also teaches the core functionality of the Neo4j graph database. With a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions, you will quickly learn how easy it is to work with a powerful graph database using Cypher as the query language
- Introduction to Graphs
- Introduction to Graph based Modeling
- Neo4j and Cypher
- Advanced Queries with Cypher
- Real-world implementation use cases with Neo4j
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
Peter Bell, Evangelist/Hacker for hackNY
Peter is an evangelist and hacker for hackNY - a not-for-profit that aims to federate the next generation of hackers for the New York innovation community. He is an experienced startup technologist, agile coach and CTO.
He tweets regularly as @peterbell.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring a laptop and power cord; we will supply breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org