Intro to Neo4j – Brisbane
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEDT)
Course Code: Intro to Neo4j
Duration: 8-hours/1 day
Skill Level: Beginner
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, Administrators, DevOps engineers, DBAs, Business Analysts and students.
- Executives and others who want an overview of the Neo4j technology.
- An understanding of graph databases
- How to use graph databases
- Introduction to data modeling with Graph databases
- How to get started working with Neo4j
- Build confidence in building a graph enabled application
You don’t need any previous experience with Neo4j, NOSQL databases or specific development languages
This course helps build a good knowledge of graph databases. It also teaches the core functionality of the Neo4j graph database. With a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions, you will quickly learn how easy it is to work with a powerful graph database using Cypher as the query language
- Introduction to Graphs
- Introduction to Graph based Modeling
- Neo4j and Cypher
- Advanced Queries with Cypher
- Real-world implementation use cases with Neo4j
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
Tatham Oddie, Principal Consultant & Technical Specialist (Web), Readify
Working in his own businesses for a number of years, Tatham developed a deep understanding of the complete lifecycle of custom software development as well as the business drivers which surround it. He applies this understanding, with experience in large government, commercial and NFP projects, to helping organisations improve their own delivery processes. A regular presenter at conferences throughout Australia, New Zealand, North America and Europe; Tatham is also an active participant in several industry standards groups.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring a laptop and a power cord. We will supply morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org