John Quincy Adams and the Grand Strategy for the Republic
- Government & Politics
- PwC, New York NY
The United Nations continues to be the world's most influential international forum, but the path to employment within its multiple bodies and programs is often a challenging task.
In this seminar you will learn:
• How to understand the various bodies of the U.N. system: What are they and which are currently hiring?
• Realities vs. misconceptions: What degree do I need? What are the requirements? What can I expect to earn?
• What U.N. employers are currently recruiting for: Resume & cover letter tips, networking advice, and application guidance
• How to prepare for the UN Secretariat Young Professionals Program
• About training programs, internships, consultancies, & other non-traditional points of entry into U.N. employment
All attendees receive:
• The FPA Intro Guide to a Career with the UN Tool Book
• Enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
• Light food and drink during networking/Q&A session
• Complementary six-month subscription to Foreign Affairs Magazine
Who should attend this seminar?
• Undergraduate and Graduate Students considering or preparing for a career at the U.N.
• Young Professionals interested in beginning a career at the U.N.
• Mid-Career Professionals transitioning to a career at the U.N.
Katarina, a Cross-cultural Trainer, Freelance writer and Career Consultant, has over 13 years of experience global HR, cross-cultural training, international and strategic job search.
Her experience includes working with major relocation service providers, the United Nations Secretariat, the UN Development Program, and Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs and working in adult education in Finland.
Katarina grew up in Finland and is fluent in Swedish and Finnish in addition to English and some French. Her areas of expertise are cross-cultural competence and managing transitions; strategic job search and career management; working and living in the US and in Finland and the Scandinavian countries.
She has a Masters Degree in Social Science; Certifications in: Adult Career Planning and Placement; Cross-Cultural Competence; Myers Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest inventory. She is currently finalizing her MA in Mental Health Counseling with a focus on cross-cultural issues in counseling.
She is monthly columnist for a newspaper in Finland, writes her own blog and is a board member of Families in Global Transition (FIGT). She has presented at the FIGT and SIETAR conferences about Cross-cultural Counseling and Finnish Culture.
Rachel Spence - Guest Speaker
United Nations Information Center Fellow
Rachel L Spence is a Fellow at the Washington United Nations Information Center, and is pursuing her MA in International Affairs at the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University. Concentrating her studies in Latin America, international economics, and development, she traveled to Panama last May to conduct field research on sustainable development practices.
Rachel is a graduate from Lafayette College with a BA in International Economics & Commerce and Spanish Language & Literature. During her time at Lafayette, she worked as a research assistant in the Foreign Languages Department and studied abroad in Madrid, Spain. Since graduating, she has worked in Washington for Congressman Charlie Dent of the 15th District of Pennsylvania, Council of the Americas, and the Council on Foreign Relations.
PLEASE NOTE the Foreign Policy Association refund policy: Refunds are not available for event registrations. You may transfer your registration to another party up to 24 hours prior to an event by notifying the Foreign Policy Association at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1918, the Foreign Policy Association serves as a catalyst for developing awareness, understanding of, and providing informed opinions on global issues.
“In a democracy the Government functions with the consent of the whole people. The latter must be guided by the facts.” – Franklin Roosevelt
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.