The Asian American Journalists Association, the Asian Heritage Network of The New York Times, the New York Press Club and the Online News Association of New York warmly invite you to a panel discussion and Q&A session on International Women Journalists: Their Voices in the War Zone.
Journalists participating on our panel will share their personal stories of the challenges and triumphs of reporting abroad. Additionally, panelists will discuss how reporting abroad has evolved with the integration of social media tools, and what they predict for the future of reporting in this field. Come with questions in mind— each of these journalists has unique experiences in reporting overseas.
International Women Journalists: Their Voices in the War Zone
WHEN: Wednesday, April 4, 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.
WHERE: The New York Times, 620 Eighth Ave. (between 40th & 41st Streets - enter on 41st Street side) 15th floor Conference Center, Room 115
- Roxana Saberi, journalist who made headlines after her capture in Iran '09, author of 'Between Two Worlds' http://roxanasaberi.com/
- Stephanie Gaskell, editor in chief of The War Report http://www.thewarreportonline.com/
- Raghida Dergham, columnist and senior diplomatic correspondent for Al Hayat http://www.raghidadergham.com/
- Edith Lederer, chief correspondent at the UN for AP, AP's first female resident correspondent in Vietnam http://iwmf.org/archive/articletype/articleview/articleid/729/edith-lederer.aspx
- Moderator: Rogene Fisher, news editor at The New York Times and former producer of the paper's At War blog
** This event is free, but you MUST RSVP no later than 3pm April 3rd for security. Please bring a photo ID.
For more information, please contact Michelle Udem at firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is co-sponsored by: The Asian Heritage Network of The New York Times, the Asian American Journalists Association-New York Chapter, the Online News Association of New York and the New York Press Club.
When & Where
AAJA New York