International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day 2013
Healing After a Suicide Loss Conference
Saturday, November 23rd - 8:00am to 12:30pm
Van Dyke Church
17030 Lakeshore Rd. Lutz, Florida
Every year, survivors of suicide loss gather together in locations around the world to feel a sense of community, to promote healing, and to connect with others that have had similar experiences. This year, join us for International Survivors of Suicide Day on November 23, 2013.
Each location welcomes survivors of suicide loss, providing a safe and healing space where everyone can comfortably participate in a way that is meaningful to them. Join with others to listen to a diverse panel of survivors discuss their losses, how they coped, and much more.
Come in person to experience the powerful sense of connection and community that is forged between survivors of suicide loss.
You are not alone. This day is for you.
- Get practical advice and guidance on how to cope with grief after suicide.
- Hear “experienced” survivors of suicide loss share their stories and address questions like: Why did this happen? How do I cope? How can I explain this to my child? What should I do for the holidays?
- Learn the basics about what research has taught us about suicide, grief, and healing. What helps? What hurts?
- Participants view a DVD presentation that features survivors of suicide loss sharing their stories and guidance, with experts revealing current information about suicide and grief.
- Share a candle lighting ceramony in rememberance of those no longer with us.
- Hear and/or participate in a speakout about coping and healing.
- Enjoy networking over snacks.
For more information contact:
Tom Mueller firstname.lastname@example.org 813-969-4958
Betsey Westuba email@example.com 813-406-4621
When & Where
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
At the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay we offer help, hope and healing to all people experiencing life’s problems and challenges, big and small. We are located in Tampa, Florida, and provide services throughout the State and beyond.
We can help you deal with the devastating trauma of sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems.
We are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Dial 2-1-1 where you will receive free, confidential crisis counseling, along with referrals to a Crisis Center service or to over 4,600 other community resources.