San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learn and Sample new Recipes Alongside your Neighbors
Join us for a free 'International Cafe' Cooking Class! We hope to bring together neighbors and foodies to learn and sample new recipes, meet other food enthusiasts, and see 'TimeBanking in Action*.' Six master chefs will teach you to make a variety of simple recipes for any occasion, and then we'll enjoy a community family-style meal.
Featured Recipes and Chefs:
- Abe Wichnia will teach simple 2-step Italian Spicy Pasta
- Leigh Kim will lead us in a unique Chinese dish
- Clea Holdridge will teach 'the basics' to healthy meals, including rice pilaf and the diversity of stirfry
- Patty Evans will lead us in vegetarian asian flavors
- Sharon Croft will teach on the benefits and tricks of fermented foods
- Autumn Vandiver is heading up desserts with an American tradition with a twist: campfire-less s'more cups
*The linkAges TimeBank connects neighbors with neighbors to exchange skills and interests. See how it works here. Do you live in Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale or Palo Alto? Your neighbors might be TimeBank members! Visit timebank.linkages.org to learn more.
Be sure to bring family, friends and neighbors to the International Cafe, as this will be a fun, intergenerational community event for all!
We hope to see you there
When & Where
The linkAges TimeBank is a neighborhood service-exchange network that matches you with the unique skills, talents and needs of those who live nearby. Members earn hours by providing services, and use those hours to receive services in return. We currently have over 525 members ranging in age from 18 to 94. Together, we’ve completed almost 1,700 hours of exchanges! There are hundreds of service listings, including gardening, cooking, transportation, technology help, and more.
Not yet a member? Learn more information and sign up for an orientation here: timebank.linkages.org. There is no cost to join.