San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learn and Sample new Recipes Alongside your Neighbors
Join us for a free 'International Cafe' Cooking Class! We hope to bring together neighbors and foodies to learn and sample new recipes, meet other food enthusiasts, and see 'TimeBanking in Action*.' Six master chefs will teach you to make a variety of simple recipes for any occasion, and then we'll enjoy a community family-style meal.
Featured Recipes and Chefs:
- Abe Wichnia will teach simple 2-step Italian Spicy Pasta
- Leigh Kim will lead us in a unique Chinese dish
- Clea Holdridge will teach 'the basics' to healthy meals, including rice pilaf and the diversity of stirfry
- Patty Evans will lead us in vegetarian asian flavors
- Sharon Croft will teach on the benefits and tricks of fermented foods
- Autumn Vandiver is heading up desserts with an American tradition with a twist: campfire-less s'more cups
*The linkAges TimeBank connects neighbors with neighbors to exchange skills and interests. See how it works here. Do you live in Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale or Palo Alto? Your neighbors might be TimeBank members! Visit timebank.linkages.org to learn more.
Be sure to bring family, friends and neighbors to the International Cafe, as this will be a fun, intergenerational community event for all!
We hope to see you there
When & Where
linkAges Bay Area TimeBank
The linkAges Bay Area TimeBank is a community-based service exchange network where members provide neighborly services to one another in exchange for time. One hour of service earns one time dollar (TD$). Members earn TD$ by providing services to other members, and use TD$ receiving services from other members. Everyone has something to offer, and everyone’s time and service are valued equally.
Watch How TimeBanking Works!
The goal of the linkAges Bay Area TimeBank is to rebuild and sustain “old-fashioned” communities by connecting neighbors and community members across all ages through opportunities to share and exchange individual talents and skills, explore new possibilities and improve quality of life. It’s part of the linkAges System – which you’ll learn more about at this event.