Intern Advantage: Creating a pipeline through community...
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Intern Advantage: Creating a talent pipeline through community partnerships and resources
The Michigan Career Educator & Employer Alliance, Prima Civitas Foundation, UM-Flint, Davenport University, and Global Talent Retention Initiative of Michigan invite you to join us for a workshop and discussion on securing internships within your organization. Topics include setting up an internship program, working with international students, and developing job descriptions for interns.
- Scott Johnson, Dean, UM-Flint School of Management
- Amanda Dumond-Avila, Prima Civitas Foundation
- Jennifer Jennings, Michigan State University
- Chris Sell, Michigan State University/MCEEA President-Elect
- Tanya Primeau, Davenport University
- Stephanie Fisher, Diplomat Pharmacy
- Athena Trentin, Global Talent Retention Initiative of Michigan
- Malin Clark, UM-Flint International Center
- Tara Allendorfer, UM-Flint School of Management
(Please register for TWO workshops that you would like to attend.)
B- Employer Internship Training Session: Learn the basics of how internships work within an organization, hear from employers and interns that have been successful, and receive the toolkit on how to begin.
C- Working with International Students-Learn the ins and outs of working with international students, and gain insight regarding myths and facts about international students.
D- Developing Intern Job Descriptions: This workshop will give you the opportunity to bring documentation or ideas that you have and work with education and human resource professionals to begin drafting a document.
** Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided at no cost!
**Complimentary parking adjacent to event location is available!