Python Ladies & Gentlemen, Work on Intermediate Python Skills with the PyLadies
Join your fellow Python developers for an all day event hosted by Spire.io (formerly known as BorderStylo). We'll be going through an introduction of classes, iterators, control statements and python data structures (dictionaries and lists and tuples). This is a great workshop for folks who have been to one of our beginner workshops and is ready to take the next steps!
Huge thanks to Spire.io, our venue sponsor.
9:30-10am: Registration, bagels/coffee, meet other PyLadies
10am - 1 pm: Intermediate workshop
1-2pm: Lunch, social hour
2pm-5pm: Continue Intermediate workshop
5pm-6pm: Lightning Talks
6pm (on): After-party at El Coyote, within walking distance on Beverly Blvd. Python community and friends not attending the workshop are invited too. The more, the merrier!
What to expect?
The workshop will include:
- Introduction to python datatypes, interators, control statements, classes
- Ideas on how to apply your new knowledge
- Interesting lightning talks from PyLadies mentors and your fellow classmates, feel free to bring your own!
What you should bring:
- Laptop & powercord
- Running install of Python. If you run into any problems or get confused, ask us for help in IRC channel #pyladies (instructions at http://pyladies.com/chat/)
- Optional 5 minute lightning talk. New PyLadies are especially encouraged to present on useful intro topics - this is a friendly, supportive audience. Contact katharine (at) pyladies (dot) com if you have a talk idea.
Need more info?
If you have particular questions or suggestions for the event, please email katharine (at) pyladies (dot) com for more information.
Visit http://www.pyladies.com for more events and information. Oh, and like us on Facebook to keep posted on more upcoming events!
When & Where
PyLadies is an international mentorship group with a focus on helping more women become active participants and leaders in the Python open-source community. Our mission is to promote, educate and advance a diverse Python community through outreach, education, conferences, events and social gatherings.
PyLadies also aims to provide a friendly support network for women and a bridge to the larger Python world. Anyone with an interest in Python is encouraged to participate!
Join the LA PyLadies meetup group - meetup.com/la-pyladies
PyLadies - www.pyladies.com