Integrating Trauma-Informed Practice in Child Welfare
Pursuing better outcomes and fostering resilience
February 5-6, 2014
This dynamic two-day event will feature nationally and internationally recognized experts on childhood trauma and will equip those working with children in the child welfare system with the knowledge and skills necessary to foster resilience. Keynote presentations will build a trauma-informed practice framework and breakout sessions will target the application of trauma-informed skills tailored to both professional and foster/adoptive parenting roles in working with children.
Download the full conference brochure!
Registration will close on January 31st
No onsite registration
- Gain an understanding of the impact of trauma across the lifespan and the corresponding pathological condition
- Acquire skills for asessing trauma in child welfare clients
- Identify trauma-related pathological conditions to be documented in the case notes
- Understand the importance of Trauma-informed treatment
- Utilize a trauma-informed perspective in making case decisions and formulating treatment recommendations
- Gain an understanding of the impact of secondary trauma and acquire strategies for prevention and treatment
- Building resiliency through trauma-informed practice
- Understanding the impact of trauma through 12 core concepts
- Supporting foster parents in providing child-centered care for traumatized children
- Assessing for trauma in child welfare
- Trauma-informed interventions for young children in child welfare
- Implementing evidence-based mental health practices in child welfare
- Vicarious & secondary trauma
- Sexual trauma and sexual acting out behaviors
- Trauma in infants and young children
- Developmentally and trauma-informed foster care
No refunds. You may transfer your registration to another attendee.
If you need dietary accommodations or facility accommodations, please call the Team Dynamics office at 985-624-3514.
When & Where
Team Dynamics LLC
This conference is hosted by:
- The Title IV-E Child Welfare Training Programs of Southern University at New Orleans and Southeastern Louisiana University
- The Pelican Center for Children and Families
- Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services