San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
California Family Health Council is proud to present a new interactive one day training for health care providers to successfully integrate quality sexual and reproductive health and primary care.
What will you learn?
This training will share evidence-based clinical guidelines and operational best practices for integrating quality sexual and reproductive health services and primary care in diverse health settings. Participants will practice walking patients through a health care visit while seamlessly addressing each patient’s unique sexual and reproductive health and primary care needs. Practical tools, tips and resources will be provided.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Integrate high quality sexual and reproductive health services and primary care.
- Apply current evidence-based national guidelines related to sexual and reproductive health and primary care.
- Create a health care setting that is warm, inviting, non-judgmental and a safe place for patients to discuss sexual health related issues.
- Include sexual and reproductive health in routine medical histories and effectively assess a patient’s sexual and reproductive health history and needs.
- Develop the skills needed to provide patient-centered contraceptive counseling.
Course dates and times:
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM (PT)
Who should attend?
This course is designed for health care staff in diverse health settings including:
- Program and Medical Directors
- Health Center and Clinic Administrators
- Nurses, LVNs, RNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators, Coordinators and Health Education Specialists
- Community Health or Outreach Workers
Andria Hancock-Crear, MPH, CFHC Learning Specialist
Denise Lewis, NP, MSN, MS, CFHC Medical Specialist
Erica Neuman, MS, CFHC Learning Exchange Director
Dannelle Pietersz, NP, MSN, MPH, CFHC Medical Specialist
Continuing Education Units:
CME: California Family Health Council is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CFHC designates this learning session for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Nursing: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP12241 for up to 6.1 contact hours earned.
CHES: California Family Health Council, provider # CA0046, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health Educators attending this program may report up to 4.0 contact hours.
Social Work: California Family Health Council, provider # PCE3165, is an approved provider of continuing education. This course meets the qualifications for 5.0 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
When & Where
California Family Health Council
Shaping the future of sexual + reproductive health for all.