Did you know that China's middle class is already larger than the entire population of the United States? In fifteen years, it will reach 800 million!
What does it mean for you and your job?
Please come and join us with Helen Wang, the author of The Chinese Dream: The Rise of the World's Largest Middle Class and What It Means to You, and discuss about one of the most dynamic forces shaping our world. This event is organized by the INSEAD Alumni Association of Northern California.
This event will take place at the SAP Labs in Palo Alto.
- Address: 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
- Date: Monday April 4, 2011
- Time: Door opens at 6:30pm and event starts at 7pm
- Drinks and food will be provided.
Helen Wang is a Forbes columnist, consultant, and expert on China’s middle class. Originally from China, Wang has lived in the United States for more than twenty years. After finishing her master’s degree at Stanford University, she worked in Silicon Valley, holding a variety of jobs, from consultant to Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneur at Internet start-ups. A sought-after speaker, Wang now divides her time between consulting for companies doing business in China and helping non-profit organizations make a difference.
Helen's website: http://TheHelenWang.com.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHelenWang
Click here to purchase The Chinese Dream from Amazon.com. Bring it to the event for author signing.
Helen will be introduced by INSEAD alumnus Linlin Willis.
Linlin Willis is a digital storyteller, marketer and brand steward with cross US/AP perspectives, who helped large global brands such as ESPN Star, MTV Asia and Nokia on digital branding and the cross between branding and innovation. She currently holds SVP of Marketing position at Soovox, a trend setting influencer relationship management platform. Before that, she held VP of Marketing and Executive positions for IMshopping, FunMobility, Glam Media, and Olivia. Early 2000s, she co-founded Sky InterMedia, an digital agency provided marketing services to ESPN Star, MTV Asia, Tiger Bear, Nokia, Ogilvy & Mather, Saatchi & Saatchi, Shanghai Automotive and Singapore Government. Earlier in her career, She was an Engagement Manager for Arthur Andersen. Linlin received her executive MBA from INSEAD, MIS Master from the Univ. of Arizona. Linlin is a sought-after speaker on entrepreuership, and has published articles in INSEAD IQ.
Reviews of The Chinese Dream (as seen on Amazon.com)
- "In a mere two decades China has developed the world's largest middle class. Helen Wang tells that story - and her own - in this wonderfully informative and readable book." --Joseph Nye, Distinguished Service Professor, Harvard University
- "... Helen Wang's topic in this fascinating book. It rings true to what I have seen in China and suggests new possibilities." --James Fallows, National Correspondent of The Atlantic
- "The Chinese Dream offers a fascinating look at one of the most dynamic forces shaping our world today. ... A truly valuable read ..." --Gady Epstein, Beijing Bureau Chief, Forbes
- "... An unusual book, very readable and full of insight." --John Quelch, Professor at Harvard Business School and former Dean of London Business School
- "Helen Wang takes us through the world of China's middle class with riveting personal stories,... A must-read..." --Shaun Rein, Founder and Managing Director of China Market Research Group (CMR)
- “The Chinese Dream tells one of the most important stories of our time – the rise of the world’s largest middle class. Helen Wang enlightens us with the possibility of ‘unity in diversity’. A comprehensive, and yet easy to read book about modern China.” -- Ken Wilcox, Chief Executive Officer, Silicon Valley Bank
We appreciate SAP Labs for providing the venue for such an interesting discussion.
- INSEAD Alumni Association of Northern California
When & Where
INSEAD Alumni Association, San Francisco Bay Area