OpenStack in action 2! - Production ready
Jeudi 31 mai 2012 de 08:30 à 12:30 (heure avancée d’Europe centrale Heure : Allemagne (Berlin))
Description de l'événement
eNovance and its partners are pleased to invite you on May 31, 2012 to the 2nd edition of the biggest OpenStack event organized in France.
On May 31st, discover how OpenStack will accelerate YOUR projects in the Cloud!
OpenStack is a global collaboration of developers and cloud computing technologists producing the ubiquitous open source cloud operating system for public and private clouds. OpenStack currently consists of three core projects: OpenStack Compute (code-named Nova), a scalable compute provisioning engine, OpenStack Object Storage (code-named Swift), a fully distributed object store, and OpenStack Image Service (code-named Glance), an image registry and delivery service.
Launched one year ago with source code contributions from Rackspace and NASA, the community has quickly grown to hundreds of contributing developers and more than 100 participating organizations. OpenStack was named the fastest growing open source cloud project in 2010 and a ‘cool vendor’ by Gartner in 2011.
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and Coffee
09:00 – 09:20 State of the OpenStack union
- current status of the project: developer and deployer adoption on the Essex release
- an early peek at the goals pursued for the Folsom release
09:20 – 09:50 Live OpenStack demo
- how to use OpenStack using the Horizon dashboard
- taking advantage of elasticity using the command lines
- the use case of game.com from the garage to international success
09:50 – 10:20 OpenStack Cloud on Ubuntu: it is happening now!
- why is Ubuntu the best platform to deploy your cloud
- Ubuntu Advantage Cloud: Jumpstart and Support for OpenStack"
- MAAS and Juju to deploy Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure
- eNovance and Canonical collaborate to deliver OpenStack based solutions in France
Speaker: Nicolas Barcet, Ubuntu Cloud Project Manager, Canonical
10:20 – 10:40 Behind the scenes of the 1st European OpenStack Cloud
- from project to reality, the steps of building eNoCloud...the Cloud Provider point of view
- popular Use Cases and feedback
- eNoCloud: cost, availability and performance
10:40 – 11:10 Break
11:10 – 11:40 Automate and accelerate Cloud deployments with Dell Crowbar
- Cloud deployment complexities
- how do you manage a cloud that won’t stay still?
- DevOps & CloudOps
Speaker: Taco Scargo, EMEA Enterprise Technologist, Web Technology & Cloud solutions, Dell
11:40 – 12:00 OpenStack in production: the good, the bad and the ugly
- using openstack to create a secure chip design environment for the US Department of Defense
- difficulties, successes, and the risks and pitfalls to avoid, when deploying OpenStack
Speaker: Rick Clark, Principal Engineer, Cisco
12:00 – 12:20 Reliable, Redundant, Resilient: High Availability in OpenStack
- overview of existing high availability features in OpenStack Essex
- introduction to high availability support in the upcoming Folsom release
12:20 – 12:30 Summary and closing remarks
Où et quand
eNovance, is one of the European leader in Open Source Cloud computing.
The company delivers services in two key areas: integrating and operating public and private open source clouds and 24/7 managed services for the world’s largest public clouds (Cloudwatt, AWS, Google Compute Engine, etc.).
With its extensive investment in R&D, in less than three years eNovance has become the world’s 7th largest contributor to the OpenStack initiative, and the only European company on the foundation’s board of directors alongside Rackspace, Redhat, Cisco and HP.
With nearly 200 clients such as CloudWatt, Warner, Chronopost, Safran, and Canal Plus, eNovance has become a partner of choice for rolling out critical applications in the cloud.